Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q&A] Hyperdrive Rom Note 10.1 2014 ║ Non-Development Discussion ║ Support

Announcement from sbreen94: Hyperdrive Note 10.1 2014 RLS5.1 has been released with a huge amount of new tweaks and features!
12th March 2015, 02:02 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
Wi-Fi issues and UI restarts
ROM generally works VERY well. No battery-drain issues etc. on my P600. I have, however, two bugs to report (currently running RLS 5.1).

1) Wi-Fi networks running channels 12 + 13 cannot be detected
When i installed the ROM (full clean install), i noticed that it couldn't detect my home Wi-Fi network, but saw my neighbours and my phones Wi-Fi hotspot fine.
After twiddling a bit with the settings in my router, i discovered that whenever a Wi-Fi network utilizes Channel 12 and 13 og the 802.11n standard (haven't tested 802.11b/g), the device won't pick up the network. Switching my router to channels 1-11 fixed the issue.

2) The system UI restarts when the tablet is charging and at full battery
Sometimes i charge my tablet and it hits 100%, the system UI keeps crashing, reloading and crashing. The issue stops when i disconnect the charger (original Samsung). I've experienced this running with and without battery mods enabled (only using the ones build into HyperTweaks).

I'll try to get a logcat for problem 2 as soon as I'm able to reproduce the issue again.

Edit: Logcat attached. Dumped after 5 consecutive crashes. There's a crash report on com.android.systemui right at the end of the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt alogcat.2015-03-12-02-07-32+0100.txt - [Click for QR Code] (61.3 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Athinira; 14th March 2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Logcat and wrong channel numbers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Athinira For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2015, 02:45 PM |#112  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 21,354

5,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athinira

ROM generally works VERY well. No battery-drain issues etc. on my P600. I have, however, two bugs to report (currently running RLS 5.1).

1) Wi-Fi networks running channels 12 + 13 cannot be detected
When i installed the ROM (full clean install), i noticed that it couldn't detect my home Wi-Fi network, but saw my neighbours and my phones Wi-Fi hotspot fine.
After twiddling a bit with the settings in my router, i discovered that whenever a Wi-Fi network utilizes Channel 12 and 13 og the 802.11n standard (haven't tested 802.11b/g), the device won't pick up the network. Switching my device to channels 1-12 fixed the

2) The system UI restarts when the tablet is charging and at full battery
Sometimes i charge my tablet and it hits 100%, the system UI keeps crashing, reloading and crashing. The issue stops when i disconnect the charger (original Samsung). I've experienced this running with and without battery mods enabled (only using the ones build into HyperTweaks).

I'll try to get a logcat for problem 2 as soon as I'm able to reproduce the issue again.

Edit: Logcat attached. Dumped after 5 consecutive crashes. There's a crash report on com.android.systemui right at the end of the log.

I just tested this and the ui does not force close on me at a full charge on rls5.1. Try reflashing the rom again and see?
14th March 2015, 10:33 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen94

I just tested this and the ui does not force close on me at a full charge on rls5.1. Try reflashing the rom again and see?

I will at some point (i use the device for work, so reflashing and reconfiguring the settings all the time isn't practical). It's probably some setting at some place that might have screwed things up somewhere. You'll hear from me later. As i said, i love the ROM

Were you able to reproduce the Wi-Fi issue?
Last edited by Athinira; 14th March 2015 at 10:35 PM.
15th March 2015, 12:06 AM |#114  

5,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athinira

I will at some point (i use the device for work, so reflashing and reconfiguring the settings all the time isn't practical). It's probably some setting at some place that might have screwed things up somewhere. You'll hear from me later. As i said, i love the ROM

Were you able to reproduce the Wi-Fi issue?

No i haven't been able to as the WiFi is working perfect for me. Sorry buddy
16th March 2015, 07:07 PM |#115  
/EFS HELP!!!
Hello, sbreen94, Xluco & all other Galaxy Guru's Hopefully that raised some eyebrow’s If not: HELP!!!!
I am sorry for such a long post but my brain has turned to mush and I need some guidance.

Short Version: "E: failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)" Stuck at animated logo screen.

Longer Version:
I have been running Hyperdrive v4.1 with Xluco’s v3 Kernel (Stock FW: NK1) without any issues since I bought my SM-P600 in December. About a month ago I began using Xposed Framework with the Xblast module just for a dark blue “Halo Dark Background”. Again no issues whatsoever.

A couple weeks back I flashed Xluco's V4b3 release (which was working quite well initially). Of course before the kernel flash I uninstalled Xblast/Xposed, backed up with TWRP & Titanium, cleared all caches and then flashed the kernel and all was well.
A couple hours later I installed Xposed & Xblast without incident but when I opened Xblast, I started getting bootloops; everytime I opened xblast. So say good bye to my background, time to back out…

…uninstalled Xblast/reboot (all good)… uninstalled Xposed/reboot (NOT good). After the reboot, it became stuck at the animated Hyperdrive logo. I can boot into Recovery & Download mode and thru all this I still can.

I have tried all my nandroids, including the first one I made after rooting. I then wiped & reflashed Hyperdrive (which lets me go thru the whole aroma procedure) but never boots past the hyperdrive boot screen. I have used the older TWRP 2.6.3.3 and Philz CWM.

Flashed all available stock firmware with Odin3 (1.85, 3.07, 3.09, 3.10.6) and even tried Kies3. All with the same results, except now i have the "Glowing" Samsung Logo. But now at least, I have seen my first error message, Stock Recovery gives me:

"E: failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)" it now happened the first time & every time I use stock firmware and end up with stock recovery.

So I have tried all kinds of fixes on the internet short of flashing a PIT File which sounds great in theory but several people made their tablets worse & I am not 100% sure I even have the right PIT file. I also have 3 types of /efs backups (.img .tar .zip) the .img & .tar actually show 20MB which according to my searches is correct but never could get anywhere with them, tried EFS Pro & Dr Ketan EFS backup.

I have also tried the ADB fix but no go. The only other thing I can think of is that everything I flash seems to make it on to the tablet. Looking at it with the file manager in recovery.

Since this has turned into a novel I will stop here and beg for help!!!
I'm sure I left a lot out that I will gladly provide if needed. I am so ready to move on & up to Hyperdrive 5.1!!! I can actually flash it too but it just gets stuck at the logo screen.
I have tried to pull a log of some kind and I either end up with nothing or I get a couple lines saying everything was successful (minus the /efs error)
Thank you for even reading this nightmare & if you have any suggestions that would be EXTREMELY COOL

UPDATE: Spoke too soon about the /EFS backups, they were from my N5110. (oh well)
I tried Odin 3.10.6 again because there is a dedicated Tab for "PIT" so i tried to click on it and it came back indicating that if a .pit was required, it would pull it from the CSC portion of the ROM (Huh? first time i had heard that). Anyway, at the time i was trying to flash the brand new "0B2" firmware,. which like all the "XAR" firmware seems to unzip to one single .tar.md5 file So just for the sport, I added OB2 rom into the CSC box in odin. Actually it ran thru the flashing procedure twice and "Error" free. Unfortunatly, didn't do a thing, still at square 1.
At this point my motivation is to fix this tablet, but also to help awareness of this Samsung anomily. I am a hardcore backup freak & it bit me. In my travels since this issue began, I have seen quite a few people unaware of PIT files & /EFS. If anything, maybe someone will take percautions before flashing new firmware.

UPDATE: I don't know if I feel smart or dumb. There was alot of information out there but it was more of a piece meal.
It was mostly old post & Phone related (losing your IMEI)
I also found that using CWM to mount system with ADB worked best, TWRP never seemed to respond to the commands.

So, then i took half of one post:
adb shell
mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
then half of another
mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /efs
the "/efs" was missing from the first post. I'm not even sure if the last line was necessary.

I rebooted, and everything was back like magic!, no corruption, no factory mode. Just a wiped clean tablet ready for Hyperdrive 5.1.
I guess /efs folder was just lost & luckily all the secret information, including the all important IMEI was intact.
BTW...Hyperdrive 5.1 Rockz! running perfectly.
Last edited by mikmock; 22nd March 2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Finally got it
The Following User Says Thank You to mikmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 05:39 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
how can i modify that rom to be able to connect to channel 13 on wifi ?
i live in EU and not in the US and i use Channel 13 and i know that channels 12 and 13 are not allowed in the US but here in EU many of us use it

look at here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982149
i tried the app but it does not work

thanks
Last edited by whynottoday; 26th March 2015 at 05:50 PM.
27th March 2015, 04:54 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hey, guys!
Is it possible to install this ROM on P601? And if not, is the dev team planning to bring it to P601? Thnx
27th March 2015, 06:15 PM |#118  

5,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. No

Hey, guys!
Is it possible to install this ROM on P601? And if not, is the dev team planning to bring it to P601? Thnx

You should be able to flash it but will lose data functionality
27th March 2015, 06:27 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen94

You should be able to flash it but will lose data functionality

What data functionality exactly? There will be no phone app and 3g connection as I understand?
27th March 2015, 08:40 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 43

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. No

What data functionality exactly? There will be no phone app and 3g connection as I understand?

That's correct

- EZ -

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread