[Q] Rebooting.

OP wilzard

9th October 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #1  
Tablet has had quite a few random reboots in the last few days.

It's happened when I closed all tabs in chrome. It has happened after uninstalling an app. It's happened after selecting to greenify google play services - and wiped all the greenify settings. It's happened at, as far as I can tell, random times and circumstances.

It is probably kernel related but this is a new tablet for me and I'm not too familiar with any custom roms or kernels on this device. Currently running xKat v4 with the included kernel.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix recommendation or suggestions?

Thanks.
9th October 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 142

708 posts
I got random reboots in the first couple of weeks when I first got the tablet ... Mainly when I unplugged off charge. I think I drained battery to 5% switched it off and charged it to 100% and never had any issues after that.

P.s this happened like a year ago so can't really remember much tbh - but I do know I didnt have to factory reset or anything drastic, it just fixed itself also bare in mind back then I was on stock JellyBean. Soz I can't help more.
9th October 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #3  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 63

229 posts
More
Never had a reboot ever. Had tablet a year....still on jb rooted stock Rom.....

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
15th October 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Tablet
I'm also experiencing frequent and random reboots with my SM-P600 since the update to 4.4.2 (never had any reboots before):
First the screen starts flickering (this happens quite often using Google Chrome or playing youtube videos, but it occurs with other apps as well), then after a while the tablet suddenly gets unresponsive and reboots (sometime it reboots several times in a row).

I've already tried multiple factory resets and cache/davlik wipes, re-installed the 4.4.2 firmware using kies, but nothing helped so far.
Anyone any suggestions what else I can try?
Last edited by Wall-E; 15th October 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: more precise description of the reboot behavior and what I already tried to fix it
18th October 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,552

5,263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E

I'm also experiencing frequent and random reboots with my SM-P600 since the update to 4.4.2 (never had any reboots before):
First the screen starts flickering (this happens quite often using Google Chrome or playing youtube videos, but it occurs with other apps as well), then after a while the tablet suddenly gets unresponsive and reboots (sometime it reboots several times in a row).

I've already tried multiple factory resets and cache/davlik wipes, re-installed the 4.4.2 firmware using kies, but nothing helped so far.
Anyone any suggestions what else I can try?

Did you check the temperture?? download a cpu temp check and see if it's overheating. Also, is your tablet rooted??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread