Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in infinite recovery loop

Tip us?

SleepyDonald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck in infinite recovery loop

I screwed up.

I wanted to install a new custom mod after purchasing a new SM-P605. I rooted my device, and searched for a while on how to install a custom recovery (TWRP). I downloaded ODIN and flashed it a couple of times but it didn't work, I kept getting a "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" and the screen freezes.

Then I tried Rashr's flash tool to install TWRP for me, and afterwards selected "boot into recovery".

Now i'm stuck in the same screen, but whenever I tried to restart, i get back to it, and can't get back in the system.

What can I do?

Nationalmaverick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm unfortunately stuck in a very similar situation.
I was updating the firmware on my tablet to 4.4.2 downloaded off Sammy mobile, uploading using Odin. I've done this dozens of times since my S2 which was 12 handsets and 6 Android tablets ago. This time, about a third of the way through the process hung for a few minutes then the device restarted without warning and now its stuck in a loop where it starts normally
http://imgur.com/MTwiE5V [1]
Then says
RECOVERY BOOTING...
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery.
Then this
http://imgur.com/Ua1nmhi [2]
and stays on that screen for short periods before rebooting and starting the above again.
Thanks in advance for any tips or help you guys can provide!

shayind4
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDonald View Post
I screwed up.

I wanted to install a new custom mod after purchasing a new SM-P605. I rooted my device, and searched for a while on how to install a custom recovery (TWRP). I downloaded ODIN and flashed it a couple of times but it didn't work, I kept getting a "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" and the screen freezes.

Then I tried Rashr's flash tool to install TWRP for me, and afterwards selected "boot into recovery".

Now i'm stuck in the same screen, but whenever I tried to restart, i get back to it, and can't get back in the system.

What can I do?

Have tried factory reset/clear cache/clear dalvik?
The Following User Says Thank You to shayind4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SleepyDonald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4 View Post
Have tried factory reset/clear cache/clear dalvik?
Thanks, but it turns out the solution to my problem was simple. I took it to the place I got it from and the guy just pressed power, vol and menu button long enough until it rebooted. I'm quite a noob it seems.

I'm not sure if it will help you Nationalmaverick, because my problem was slightly different.