Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Scratch Repair Help Please

OP LordKoga

29th July 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 21

307 posts
Putting a screen protector on such a large screen is a pita.
The little debris parts that will come in between will get a nice sort of halo under the protector, coz otherwise you could hardly notice them, which would be a shame.
My 4.7" phone has one "foggy spot" outside the display, fortunately. The smaller dslr display also, and so it was with several older phones.
I would polish scratches only, if they eh, scratch tissue, both cloth and body, you would not want to bleed or buy new clothes constantly.
So far I needed that only for plastic case scratches. A cheap lighter used to open a bottle of beer can ruin your trouser pockets, in that case rubbing the thing on some surface makes things better.
Last edited by lecorbusier; 29th July 2014 at 05:19 PM.
29th July 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Geezers

'Scratch resistant' should cover resisting scratches from the official implements supplied and bought for use with the screen though.

In addition to the Note 2014 I own (which DOES have a screen protector), I use another one for work (which does not). I'm not particularly careful with either one, and none have shown any signs of scratching. And I'm one of about five people who uses the one at work.

If you had a few particles of something stick to the tip of the pen, or had a particularly chewed-up nib on it, I could see that scratching the screen over time.
29th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

120 posts
I'm considering buying the aluminum polish. As the note is gorilla glass the polish is supposed to bond to the glass. Just in case does anyone know where I can get a new screen if I mess things up and make it look worse?
Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Free mobile app
29th July 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1,628

5,449 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKoga

I'm considering buying the aluminum polish. As the note is gorilla glass the polish is supposed to bond to the glass. Just in case does anyone know where I can get a new screen if I mess things up and make it look worse?
Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Free mobile app

You could get it from Ebay for 30-45$, but replace the screen is not an easy task. The glass needs to be glued to the digitizer and you need equipment to do so. If you buy the glass assembly (included glass + digitizer) then the cost is a lot more. I suggest to use a clear screen protector and this will hide all the scratches since the glue is bond to the glass.
Last edited by buhohitr; 29th July 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread