FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] SM-P600 Bricked (no recovery)

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Dribounet, Junior Member on 27th February 2015, 11:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

SM-P600 without ROM, without recovery, Kies and Odin doesn't work.
How can I reflash stock ROM or CM12 rom ?

Device : SM-P600 (with samsung rom stock 4.4!?)
I root my tablet with odin and teamwin 2.8.0.0 (PDA field + tar file)
the root flash should success.
I restart in recovery and install custom rom CM12 + Gapp
the tablet restart and stay to CM12 loading during all the night.
I come back into recevery mode
I try to wipe cache/dalvik => unable to mount cache/dalvik
I try to wipe cache => unable to mount cache
I try to wipe system => unable to mount system

I install Kies on my computer and try to restore the official rom with it.
The download of the rom is ok and Kies try to send the rom to the table a transfer is running during 15min (progress bar into computer windows, but no progress bar into tablet).
After that a second transfer progress bar into computer stay to 0% during 1 hour. I unplug my tablet.

Now I have got a table without recovery. I have access to download mode.
But I cannot transfer stock rom (PDA field) with Odin.

Thx for your help.
Staying at your disposal

2nd March 2015, 02:36 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
I can flash recovery mod (TeamWin) with Odin.
But I cannot send Kies tar file by Odin.
I am downloading old stock rom (*tar) to transfer by Odin 3.09

How can I convert a CM12 zip file in tar file to tranfer it (I haven't SD card)
4th March 2015, 02:11 AM |#3  
Flag Tasmania
Thanks Meter: 122

More
You could use a USB OTG cable (micro USB plug on one end and a socket like the USB ones on a computer on the other), one of these:
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/301542874539?nav=SEARCH
And use it to plug a USB stick with the zip file on it into your tablet. You would have to mount it in twrp before flashing the zip.
They are a very useful cable to have, if your screen breaks and touch doesn't work you can use it to plug a mouse into the android device and use that for things like backing up your data before repair or disposal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nameless One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nameless One Ad-Free
4th March 2015, 10:48 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi I fixed the problem,
Re-Flash TWRP (many time) en try to install an unofficial KitKat version (information were write into NAND) but this version bootloop.
I wipe cache, cache/dalvik, Data, System (some eror were display in red, mount error)
I install the unofficial CM12, then the Android invite was displayed
I setup the unoficial CM12.
Reboot in recovery mode to install gapp

@Nameless One, thx for your help. In TWRP, the mount doesn't work in my case !? (It works with my Galaxy S4)

Appology for my poor English
25th August 2015, 01:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Dribounet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribounet

Hi I fixed the problem,
Re-Flash TWRP (many time) en try to install an unofficial KitKat version (information were write into NAND) but this version bootloop.
I wipe cache, cache/dalvik, Data, System (some eror were display in red, mount error)
I install the unofficial CM12, then the Android invite was displayed
I setup the unoficial CM12.
Reboot in recovery mode to install gapp

@Nameless One, thx for your help. In TWRP, the mount doesn't work in my case !? (It works with my Galaxy S4)

Appology for my poor English

Hi Dribounet
I have similar issue with my SM-P600.
I have tried 10 official roms , official and custom recoveries also , without success. I am absolutely sure that I am not following correctly the procedure using Odin and its version or combination of this plus wrong official ROM and so on.

Also have tried to use PIT file because I think something goes wrong with the partitions but not success again,
Would you advice with your steps you follow in order to succeed installing custom recovery.
Can I install only the recovery without ROM and how I can run in it ( button combinations)

For now I am just able to run in Download mode and with one official ROM to run the process to the middle- then goes in error with Odin and when reboot the device it shows message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue ..... "

Thanks in advance for all answers
8th September 2015, 01:54 PM |#6  
p600 bricked
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafencetu

Hi Dribounet
I have similar issue with my SM-P600.
I have tried 10 official roms , official and custom recoveries also , without success. I am absolutely sure that I am not following correctly the procedure using Odin and its version or combination of this plus wrong official ROM and so on.

Also have tried to use PIT file because I think something goes wrong with the partitions but not success again,
Would you advice with your steps you follow in order to succeed installing custom recovery.
Can I install only the recovery without ROM and how I can run in it ( button combinations)

For now I am just able to run in Download mode and with one official ROM to run the process to the middle- then goes in error with Odin and when reboot the device it shows message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue ..... "

Thanks in advance for all answers

I have the same problem! There is download mode only - NO recovery, NO rom! ((
I have tried to flash original rom from sammobile via Odin. No results.
Who can help???
8th September 2015, 01:58 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno mas

I have the same problem! ((
Who can help???

Still do not have the answer and solution.I have start thinking that this is hardware issue. But when i have got it intially from the service it was able to boot in a stock bootloader and I have done something wrong with Odin and since then not able event to go in stock or custom bootloader.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
8th September 2015, 02:44 PM |#8  
Quote:

Still do not have the answer and solution.I have start thinking that this is hardware issue. But when i have got it intially from the service it was able to boot in a stock bootloader and I have done something wrong with Odin and since then not able event to go in stock or custom bootloader.

In other words - should I go to the service?
8th September 2015, 02:50 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

In other words - should I go to the service?

If you did not do something with it that makes the warranty not valid it is advisable to send it to service, unfortunatelly I have rooted it and they refused to accept it

8th September 2015, 03:07 PM |#10  
Quote:

If you did not do something with it that makes the warranty not valid it is advisable to send it to service, unfortunatelly I have rooted it and they refused to accept it

SOLVED!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hread-t2989266
8th September 2015, 06:08 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

I have rooted also. No the warranty. But it doesn't matter if you have a bricked. ((
The Odin starts writing but no finish.

yep this is the case , Odin start process of writing and then suddenly - error - in the middle of the procedure.
I have tried to install only custom bootloader - pass successfully ,but then I am not able to go in bootloader mode ( I am trying with Volume down + Power , do not know is that correct - do you have an idea? )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)