Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Softbrick, cannot mount /cache, and "sw rev. check fail. device:3, binary:2"

Tip us?

mwallig3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Softbrick, cannot mount /cache, and "sw rev. check fail. device:3, binary:2"

Hey everybody,

While trying to flash a custom rom on my brothers 10.1 2014 (P600), I had accidentally wiped internal storage and system in TWRP. Once that happened and I flashed the Hydronium rom, I hit problems: bootlooping, flashing with odin3 stopped working, and Kies was no help.

Here is what I have tried so far:

-Re-flashing the rom
+Caused bootlooping

-Tried flashing two stock roms from odin
+Caused a "fail" in Odin and the message "SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE:3, Binary:2"

-"Repaired" the "system" partition
+Nothing changed when I had tried re-flashing the stock and custom roms through TWRP and Odin3

-Tried recovering the stock from both versions of Kies
+Kies gives an error that "device cannot be updated". I think it's because it is a refurbished model.

Download mode is also telling me that I have a custom custom binary, which I assume is due to the su binary.

Also, here is is what odin was telling me when it failed flashing a US version of stock rom:

"<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P600UEUBMK1_P600XARBMK1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> sboot.bin
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL!
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

What do you guys think? I appreciate the help!

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 634
If you still can get into download mode, flash stock rom again, use odin 1.85 or 3.07

mwallig3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
If you still can get into download mode, flash stock rom again, use odin 1.85 or 3.07
Still nothing.

Every time I tried flashing, the tablet says "SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE:3, BINARY:2."

DocFreeDom
Old
Thanks Meter 109
first try to flash another recovery like PhilZ recovery , then push any custom rom into external storage (SdCard) and flash it ..

or if you have previous backup of your rom push it into SdCard and restore it with PhilZ recovery ...

mwallig3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFreeDom View Post
first try to flash another recovery like PhilZ recovery , then push any custom rom into external storage (SdCard) and flash it ..

or if you have previous backup of your rom push it into SdCard and restore it with PhilZ recovery ...
I flashed PhilZ and re-flashed the custom recovery fine (although it still just bootlooped), but the stock rom did not flash at all. All of the roms and such are on the microSD card because I can't access the internal storage.

I failed as a hacker and forgot to make a stock rom back-up, so I'm trying to do the next best thing and try to find away to fix the problem without it.

DocFreeDom
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwallig3 View Post
I flashed PhilZ and re-flashed the custom recovery fine (although it still just bootlooped), but the stock rom did not flash at all. All of the roms and such are on the microSD card because I can't access the internal storage.

I failed as a hacker and forgot to make a stock rom back-up, so I'm trying to do the next best thing and try to find away to fix the problem without it.
did you try to do Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik after flashing the custom rom ?
The Following User Says Thank You to DocFreeDom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwallig3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFreeDom View Post
did you try to do Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik after flashing the custom rom ?
That worked!

I think the problem was that TWRP was force closing when I tried wiping dalvik cache and data, and I never thought anything about it.

Thanks for the help!

DocFreeDom
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwallig3 View Post
That worked!

I think the problem was that TWRP was force closing when I tried wiping dalvik cache and data, and I never thought anything about it.

Thanks for the help!
You are welcome

Hit "Thanks" if i helped you