Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Specific and Urgent Query regarding App Updates via

Tip us?

malim20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Specific and Urgent Query regarding App Updates via

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with my stated query

I recently installed aptoide because I wanted to update an older version of KICK by Samsung (it's unavailable in my country on the Play Store) and found its possible through aptoide, I want to know if I update an app that is currently unavailable for my device due to region locks and the like, when a newer version is available, will I be able to update from the Play Store or have I lost that right by updating through aptoide?

Please answer as I need to know, I've updated many Google apps from aptoide as it currently isn't available in my country(ZA) and I don't want to lose Play Store functionality.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the slightest idea on the matter

Tilagoon
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by malim20 View Post
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with my stated query

I recently installed aptoide because I wanted to update an older version of KICK by Samsung (it's unavailable in my country on the Play Store) and found its possible through aptoide, I want to know if I update an app that is currently unavailable for my device due to region locks and the like, when a newer version is available, will I be able to update from the Play Store or have I lost that right by updating through aptoide?

Please answer as I need to know, I've updated many Google apps from aptoide as it currently isn't available in my country(ZA) and I don't want to lose Play Store functionality.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the slightest idea on the matter
For me as you have not installed an application through the Play store it will not offer you any upgrade for this application but it will carry on offering updates for the applications installed through the play store.
But in another hand Aptoide will offer updtes for the applications it has installed.
Regards. Michel

Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 SilentLight AMH1
Galaxy SII GT-I9100 NeatROM AOSP 4.4.4 V 8.0 -
Galaxy Note 10.1 version 2014 LTE SM-P605 KK 4.4.2 CNF2 XKat V4.0