Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] new tablet

OP Masterchivo

31st August 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hi

Im just get this tablet today and have some questions about it

The model is p600 wifi


1. If i want to root just flash the cf auto root and then remove the knox apps with titanium backup?
2. After the root to flash another rom just install the goomanager and with that the recovery installs by itself or thats not the way to do it?
3. To flash another rom is necessary or recomended to flash another kernel?

Thx for the help
31st August 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #2  
DocFreeDom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 146
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchivo

Hi

Im just get this tablet today and have some questions about it

The model is p600 wifi


1. If i want to root just flash the cf auto root and then remove the knox apps with titanium backup?
2. After the root to flash another rom just install the goomanager and with that the recovery installs by itself or thats not the way to do it?
3. To flash another rom is necessary or recomended to flash another kernel?

Thx for the help


1-flash CF auto root then install SuperSu and it will delete knox automatically
2-you should flash TWRP recovery by odin then download any rom from here and flash it with the recovery
3-nop not necessary

Press thanks if i help you
The Following User Says Thank You to DocFreeDom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #3  
dr.m0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 750
 
3,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
If you wanted to keep your warranty intact you can also try towel root if you haven't updated yet. Can't flash custom roms that way but may not need to thanks to the xposed framework

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
31st August 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #4  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.m0x

If you wanted to keep your warranty intact you can also try towel root if you haven't updated yet. Can't flash custom roms that way but may not need to thanks to the xposed framework

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He mentioned p600 so towelroot will NOT work on his device and flashing CFautoroot will triggered Knox.
31st August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
dr.m0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 750
 
3,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

He mentioned p600 so towelroot will NOT work on his device and flashing CFautoroot will triggered Knox.

Yeah I need to stop reading xda while I'm on the can.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes