Weak WiFi Connections

Search This thread

jonnierod

Jul 14, 2013
I've never seen this particular problem before. My WiFi is working just fine... except for that the signal has gotten a lot weaker.

So if I'm sitting in my office where my router is located I connect just fine. But from pretty much any other room in the house the signal is so weak that the connection is spotty at best. I know it's not the router because all my other devices work just fine on it. And I know it's a device issue because it now has this problem regardless of the router it's connecting to.

I've tried forgetting all my networks and then signing back into them. I've tried apps like WiFi Analyzer and WiFi Connection Manager, both of which confirm the weak signal but can't do anything about it. I've tried a factory data reset. I ensured the firmware is up to date. Nothing has worked.

I cannot think of anything that has changed with the tablet that would have caused this. The only thing that has changed recently is that I got a Samsung magnetic case for it but I cannot imagine that this would cause a WiFi issue as it's a Samsung product and I've used them before.

Reactions: nz029

Will Rickards

Jun 10, 2010
I believe if you search, there have been similar discussion of weak wifi signal with the tablet.
It may be a hardware thing that may require opening up your tablet to address.

Reactions: jonnierod

jonnierod

Jul 14, 2013
I believe if you search, there have been similar discussion of weak wifi signal with the tablet.
I've been looking and I haven't been able to find anything on the SM-P600. I've seen the issue for lots of devices, but no information specific as to how to repair it for this particular device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've never seen this particular problem before. My WiFi is working just fine... except for that the signal has gotten a lot weaker.

So if I'm sitting in my office where my router is located I connect just fine. But from pretty much any other room in the house the signal is so weak that the connection is spotty at best. I know it's not the router because all my other devices work just fine on it. And I know it's a device issue because it now has this problem regardless of the router it's connecting to.

I've tried forgetting all my networks and then signing back into them. I've tried apps like WiFi Analyzer and WiFi Connection Manager, both of which confirm the weak signal but can't do anything about it. I've tried a factory data reset. I ensured the firmware is up to date. Nothing has worked.

I cannot think of anything that has changed with the tablet that would have caused this. The only thing that has changed recently is that I got a Samsung magnetic case for it but I cannot imagine that this would cause a WiFi issue as it's a Samsung product and I've used them before.