Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OneNote

OP ChrisNee1988

19th August 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70

586 posts
Microsoft OneNote seems like a good alternative to s note, papyrus, lecture notes, etc. I like the sync functionality and the ui of the app. It works well with handwriting with the s pen. The only thing that I can't find is importing PDFs to write on top of.

Anyone else try it out on your note and have any impressions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNee1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 316

1,141 posts
Haven't yet but I'm going to try it out
20th August 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #3  
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113

475 posts
More
It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.
20th August 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian

It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.

Yea if it had import pdf or power point and handwriting search on the tablet itself it would make it perfect. But having those features on the desktop and a pretty seamless sync ability may let me overlook those omissions for now. I'll test it in my classes over the next couple of days.
29th August 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

121 posts
It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.
31st August 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

184 posts
I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen

It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.

It only needs internet connection the first time you launch it to set it up with your onedrive account.

1st September 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ

I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I haven't run into too many issues like that, finger doesn't draw for me when the pen is out. However, I do accidentally pull up the keyboard from putting my hand on the screen. I'm not sure how importing pictures work but I thought that functionality was built into the app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread