Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OneNote

Tip us?

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default OneNote

Microsoft OneNote seems like a good alternative to s note, papyrus, lecture notes, etc. I like the sync functionality and the ui of the app. It works well with handwriting with the s pen. The only thing that I can't find is importing PDFs to write on top of.

Anyone else try it out on your note and have any impressions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNee1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graffix31
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Haven't yet but I'm going to try it out
When in doubt READ the OP! If you still cant figure it out SEARCH is your Friend!
Want to switch to Sprint? Sure why not... help me help you, join my Framily and we all save. PM for info.

NEXUS 5 32GB Black - Slimkat, Elemental X and Art.

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. Wifi - Hyperdrived V3.1

HP Touchpad - evervolv 4.0.0p1 3.4 kernel nightlies

Sprint Galaxy tab 3. Stock rooted

SGS2 E4GT- Touched by SGS4 (Daughters Phone)

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.
Yea if it had import pdf or power point and handwriting search on the tablet itself it would make it perfect. But having those features on the desktop and a pretty seamless sync ability may let me overlook those omissions for now. I'll test it in my classes over the next couple of days.

petercohen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.

BclingergFJ
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen View Post
It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.
It only needs internet connection the first time you launch it to set it up with your onedrive account.

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ View Post
I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I haven't run into too many issues like that, finger doesn't draw for me when the pen is out. However, I do accidentally pull up the keyboard from putting my hand on the screen. I'm not sure how importing pictures work but I thought that functionality was built into the app.