Post Reply

OneNote

OP ChrisNee1988

19th August 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Microsoft OneNote seems like a good alternative to s note, papyrus, lecture notes, etc. I like the sync functionality and the ui of the app. It works well with handwriting with the s pen. The only thing that I can't find is importing PDFs to write on top of.

Anyone else try it out on your note and have any impressions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNee1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 310
 
1,119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Haven't yet but I'm going to try it out
20th August 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.
20th August 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian

It does not have import pdf option, at least not on tablet. Handwriting is very good, syncs with computer very quickly. On computer it also has handwriting recognition, you can search your handwritten notes.

Yea if it had import pdf or power point and handwriting search on the tablet itself it would make it perfect. But having those features on the desktop and a pretty seamless sync ability may let me overlook those omissions for now. I'll test it in my classes over the next couple of days.
29th August 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.
31st August 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen

It seems that one needs to have an internet connection to use it. When I launched the app, it asked me to login to hotmail account.

It only needs internet connection the first time you launch it to set it up with your onedrive account.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ

I have increased my use of One Note. It has issues that Lecture Notes handles well. With pen enabled, the finger still works. Screen control has issues, importing pictures and viewing are issues. Anyway, I use it for its synch functionality.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I haven't run into too many issues like that, finger doesn't draw for me when the pen is out. However, I do accidentally pull up the keyboard from putting my hand on the screen. I'm not sure how importing pictures work but I thought that functionality was built into the app.



Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) Themes and Apps by ThreadRank