Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex & Deodex

Tip us?

pckarma112
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001 View Post
Any modified stock kernels out yet? Just curious...just wish I can charge my phone without freezing every time.

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹
The charging problem has already been brought up in this thread. Which is why I ask this out of curiosity. Were you charging phone while powered on or off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3202

DONATE TO ME
This sounds like a different problem. The NE5 issue with charging is that the phone won't stay off - and then when it powers on modem-related features are disabled - like say, data service ... annoying

This sounds like issues with the AGNi kernel, which seems to behave differently on some i317s ... there has been some discussion on this in other rom threads, including dicksteele's 4.4 thread. I believe there may be some AGNi kernel tuning settings that may help but have not researched this in detail because I can't reproduce the issue on my phone. Some searching & reading may give you the answer you seek.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fatjoejr2001
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckarma112 View Post
The charging problem has already been brought up in this thread. Which is why I ask this out of curiosity. Were you charging phone while powered on or off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app
While powered on, but I think my problem was led blink notification because I got rid of it and now the red led light doesn't get stuck and I have to hard reboot. I also dirty flashed the ROM, booted and went back to recovery to reflash Agni kernel. I kept stock settings with a few modifications and I haven't had to hard reboot since

The Following User Says Thank You to fatjoejr2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fatjoejr2001
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Anybody else have problems with sending mms... Just says sending and never does. I'm with NET10 and I'm 100% sure I have the right settings but just in case you don't believe me I attached a pic of my settings lol. Any suggestions?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406326303354.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (47.0 KB, 93 views)

fatjoejr2001
Old
(Last edited by fatjoejr2001; 25th July 2014 at 11:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 149
LMAO I gotta stop smoking so much... Had a "c" where mms is at which explains everything... My bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatjoejr2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

juancarlos5
Old
(Last edited by juancarlos5; 27th July 2014 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
i need a little help.

i`m on 4.1.2 MA4 and i want upgrade to 4.4.2, what files i need flash and bootloader?
1. flash MJ4 bootloader
2. flash rom NE5

or flash only rom NE5
Galaxy Note 3, 4G LTE Powered by DynamicKat for AT&T

Galaxy Note 2 LTE Powered by Jedi Rom X20 with SaberKernel

Zen Arcade
Old
Thanks Meter 3202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarlos5 View Post
i need a little help.

i`m on 4.1.2 MA4 and i want upgrade to 4.4.2, what files i need flash and bootloader?
1. flash MJ4 bootloader
2. flash rom NE5

or flash only rom NE5
From your signature it looks like you were at one point on Jedi X20 - if that's still the case a full wipe is recommended before flashing (format /system and factory reset)

Other than that, you have it right. Pick which rom option you want - deodex or odex. Then...

1. Make sure you have a current custom recovery installed (optional but recommended).
2. Flash the MJ4 bootloader package.
3. Flash the rom package.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zen Arcade
Old
Thanks Meter 3202

DONATE TO ME
Default KuStOm kErNeL - Experimental

Here's a modded version of the stock UCUCNE5 kernel for those inclined to testing to try out. I made a few changes to the ramdisk, leaving the kernel alone.

Features:

* Knox / SELinux disabled
* ADB set to insecure
* init.d support added
* support for bootanimation.zip added

For boot animations, place file in /system/media (1280x720 resolution). If no file added, the stock boot animation will run.

One caution
- I have seen issues when flashing from the AGNi kernel to the stock kernel, including applications sometimes not being available upon boot (*problem*). Make a backup before flashing from AGNi kernel back to any version of the stock kernel, including this one.

KuStOm kErNeL - http://d-h.st/ldx

(Second caution - above link is dev-host, so make sure to log in at http://d-h.st/ before downloading to avoid all the pop up garbage - I plan to rehost my files in the near future now that XDA is moving away from this hosting service)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

juancarlos5
Old
(Last edited by juancarlos5; 27th July 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
From your signature it looks like you were at one point on Jedi X20 - if that's still the case a full wipe is recommended before flashing (format /system and factory reset)

Other than that, you have it right. Pick which rom option you want - deodex or odex. Then...

1. Make sure you have a current custom recovery installed (optional but recommended).
2. Flash the MJ4 bootloader package.
3. Flash the rom package.
Thanks for response

1. i have a custom recovery
2. flash MJ4 bootloader with odin right?
3. flash rom with recovery or ODIN?

PD: in my pc i have ur stock odin version or u recommend better flash the CWM/TRWP recovery version?

juancarlos5
Old
Thanks Meter 81
i flash MJ4 bootloader and NE5 rom with ODIN
work great
now setting my new rom

thanks for the support

Tags