5,815,179 Members 38,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex & Deodex

Tip us?

royalh
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Thanks, but Dev Host seems to be down right now... so can download. Is it too big to attach to the thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Not sure what caused your original issue with AGNi, but glad to hear you found a way past it. From your result it's clear the stock kernel isn't going to play nice with the deodexed version of the firmware. The customized version of the stock kernel I made might - see post #138. Regardless, there's no dirty flashing back from AGNi to the stock kernel - you'd need a complete rom reflash to clear things out.

Resetting the SELinux security context of the deodexed files might allow the stock kernel to work. I haven't had free time to try this out out.
Device Evolution: Various "Dumb" phones -> Palm Pilot -> Compaq iPAQ 3785 -> HTC 8125 -> iPhone 1 -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Note II

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalh View Post
Thanks, but Dev Host seems to be down right now... so can download. Is it too big to attach to the thread?
Seems like Dev Host, such as it is, is limping along (I was able to download the file after a refresh even though the DL page threw an error). Regardless, I've attached the file here.

I'm not posting it to the OP yet - I've been running it since the end of July without issue (with the stock odexed firmware) but I haven't seen enough feedback from others to say that it's worth a general release, or replacing AGNi in the deodexed package.

I am enjoying my custom throwback bootanimations though ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip cwm-i317-ucucne5-kustom-kernel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.56 MB, 13 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

royalh
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Seems like Dev Host, such as it is, is limping along (I was able to download the file after a refresh even though the DL page threw an error). Regardless, I've attached the file here.

I'm not posting it to the OP yet - I've been running it since the end of July without issue (with the stock odexed firmware) but I haven't seen enough feedback from others to say that it's worth a general release, or replacing AGNi in the deodexed package.

Thanks! tried the kernel and still no go.. I'm still stuck running the agni kernel to be able to keep the baseband/radio working...
Device Evolution: Various "Dumb" phones -> Palm Pilot -> Compaq iPAQ 3785 -> HTC 8125 -> iPhone 1 -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Note II

sanjoseweb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Tried your kernel and selinux still seems to be active. AGNIi doesn't like my phone, already had to pull the battery 3 times today. I need two features: no selinux and a working HDMI. Is there something with I might be missing with respect to disabling selinux? I've tried your kernel with both the odexed and deodexed versions of the rom.

royalh
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Zen,

Any idea why I get the "Unknown Baseband" when flashing your modem file from the OP?

I've been able to replace the kernel in your v2 zip with the stock kernel and get the phone to boot, but it's giving me the error above when I do....

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoseweb View Post
Tried your kernel and selinux still seems to be active. AGNIi doesn't like my phone, already had to pull the battery 3 times today. I need two features: no selinux and a working HDMI. Is there something with I might be missing with respect to disabling selinux? I've tried your kernel with both the odexed and deodexed versions of the rom.
I only made mods to the initramfs... No changes to the actual kernel code. I checked and SELinux is still running in enforcing mode and I can't change it to permissive using command line tools. So either the Knox apps are interfering or further changes are needed.

I haven't played with HDMI out on this phone. With ChromeCast it's less of a need but I may give it a shot assuming I can track down the right adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalh View Post
Zen,

Any idea why I get the "Unknown Baseband" when flashing your modem file from the OP?

I've been able to replace the kernel in your v2 zip with the stock kernel and get the phone to boot, but it's giving me the error above when I do....
You may have answered your own question... It's likely that the stock kernel and the deodexed apps don't play nice. I suspect the SELinux security context needs to be reset for all the modified files, but haven't tested that change as of yet. In my early testing, modem would refuse to load properly if something was off in the file system config.

As for the modem file, it's pulled straight from the OTA update process with no changes.... Works fine here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sanjoseweb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I only made mods to the initramfs... No changes to the actual kernel code. I checked and SELinux is still running in enforcing mode and I can't change it to permissive using command line tools. So either the Knox apps are interfering or further changes are needed.

I haven't played with HDMI out on this phone. With ChromeCast it's less of a need but I may give it a shot assuming I can track down the right adapter.
HDMI does work with this ROM, I was referrencing other ROMs such as CM11 where the HDMI doesn't work, but SELINUX is removed or permissive.

I believe I have achieved success with your deodexed ROM and AGNi by changing to the AGNi settings in this post. I also installed DVFS disabler which requires installing the xPosed framework. With these changes I have gone almost 2 days without an SOD.

KingP1n
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Dumb question but wld this work on t-mobile note 2?
Device:Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Rom: DN3 3.2.1 Rom w/ T889UVBMD1 bootloader
Kernel:Latest Agni N7105
RECOVERY:Philz
Firmware: T889UVUCMK7

sanjoseweb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Spoke to soon, still getting SODs with AGNi.

Tags
ucucne5 i317 att note2 4.4.2