[ROM][I317/t0lteatt][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns v8.2 [Final] (11/21/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rhaneyjr

Feb 10, 2012
Visalia
The dialer still crashes like the last build. I don't know but I don't see any difference in this build. Still getting the weird lock screen action. Like when you make a change in dirty tweaks. The phone flickers then did goes to lock screen. Also I'm getting the coma thing that when the phone has been asleep for a while. It won't wake and usually requires a battery pull. And thing that was happening on the cm11 remix ROM. Unfortunate looked promising

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
The dialer still crashes like the last build. I don't know but I don't see any difference in this build. Still getting the weird lock screen action. Like when you make a change in dirty tweaks. The phone flickers then did goes to lock screen. Also I'm getting the coma thing that when the phone has been asleep for a while. It won't wake and usually requires a battery pull. And thing that was happening on the cm11 remix ROM. Unfortunate looked promising

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry you're having problems. I haven't had the dialer crash or SOD, but going back to the lock screen on various settings changes is normal when the System UI restarts to activate the changes.

The changes since the 9/9 build were minor, as you can see on http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z I only posted it because I did a build to test the chenges that fixed the build process.

Hopefully, someone will have a suggestion that may help with your errors. The only suggestion I would have is do a full wipe and clean install, maybe check to make sure the md5 is correct on your download, but I'm guessing that you've already tried that, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Good luck!

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
Seems to be working pretty well over the last few days. Thank you as the Google+ app updates for me fine now. Was wondering if there was any way to get exFat working as I've tried other workarounds posted for this and have had no luck. Also, was wondering what Kernels you or the community would recommend that have been proven to work with this ROM?

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Seems to be working pretty well over the last few days. Thank you as the Google+ app updates for me fine now. Was wondering if there was any way to get exFat working as I've tried other workarounds posted for this and have had no luck. Also, was wondering what Kernels you or the community would recommend that have been proven to work with this ROM?

Agni 2.8.3 is reported to work well, but other kernels have been reported to cause bootloops or wifi issues. I use the stock kernel which works great for me.

Unfortunately, I am unaware if anyone has gotten exFat to work with this ROM. Maybe someone else may be able to assist you with that. Good luck!

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
Agni 2.8.3 is reported to work well, but other kernels have been reported to cause bootloops or wifi issues. I use the stock kernel which works great for me.

Unfortunately, I am unaware if anyone has gotten exFat to work with this ROM. Maybe someone else may be able to assist you with that. Good luck!

Thanks for the info bro. I know a while ago they made exFat open source so it's disappointing no steps have been made to incorporate it especially since the newest stock Roms do support it. Anyway if anyone has any new info on this let us know.

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Last edited:

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
Just a heads up when you install the latest version you might see and icon in your status bar on the far left side showing an icon of your carrier. This is normal and can be turned off by going to:
Settings/Dirty Tweaks/Status Bar/Carrier Label/

Disable the Carrier label and that icon will disappear. Hope this helps anyone.

D

Deleted member 3920726

New update available. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712474551

The changes are minimal, so if things are running fine for you, you don't have to worry about updating. You can see a list of changes on http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

As always, a clean install is recommended, but a dirty flash may be fine for updating from the last build. Have a good one!
Out of curiosity, are you cherry picking all the unmerged t0lte commits?

LiQuiD_FeAR

Dec 29, 2008
Flashed about 2 hours ago. Rom has plenty of options and seems to work really well for playing music. When I first booted some options I normally use were already activated, which was nice. I'm wondering what the battery life is going to be like. Tomorrow will tell.

Thanks

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Out of curiosity, are you cherry picking all the unmerged t0lte commits?

I only cherry picked Change-Id: I80b38a8ce8d30feb37e6bd5a5ef70086ac6d35b6 to fix a duplicate rule issue that prevented building. I also manually changed one config file to permit the ROM to build without effecting the finished zip. In the end, all the changes are purely to permit the ROM to build, so the finished zip is pure stock according to the merged commits at the time of building.

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Flashed about 2 hours ago. Rom has plenty of options and seems to work really well for playing music. When I first booted some options I normally use were already activated, which was nice. I'm wondering what the battery life is going to be like. Tomorrow will tell.

Thanks

I usually get over a day with moderate usage, a day with fairly heavy usage, and I believe as much as seven to eight hours of constant usage, with wifi, mobile data and sync on the entire time, as well as most of the bells and whistles.

D

Deleted member 3920726

I usually get over a day with moderate usage, a day with fairly heavy usage, and I believe as much as seven to eight hours of constant usage, with wifi, mobile data and sync on the entire time, as well as most of the bells and whistles.
Thanks, I only ask since there are like 10 commits related to t0lte audio and sensor fixes waiting to be merged, didn't know if you included them.
I only cherry picked Change-Id: I80b38a8ce8d30feb37e6bd5a5ef70086ac6d35b6 to fix a duplicate rule issue that prevented building. I also manually changed one config file to permit the ROM to build without effecting the finished zip. In the end, all the changes are purely to permit the ROM to build, so the finished zip is pure stock according to the merged commits at the time of building.
Here is my experience

b2e4bf0e6b5d426b5245f7819f4b4ce5.jpg

9954212fff9e0bd8f9491b3236ce587f.jpg

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Has anybody tired dual booting this Rom with Touchwiz as the primary Rom? I keep getting stuck at the boot logo the Unicorn. It's like SKOP is the only aosp Rom that will boot with the dual boot kernel. I have did a factory reset, wipe for clean to install, flashed Rom and then kernel again no boot. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Old Man Dave

Mar 4, 2013
Winnipeg
Has anybody tired dual booting this Rom with Touchwiz as the primary Rom? I keep getting stuck at the boot logo the Unicorn. It's like SKOP is the only aosp Rom that will boot with the dual boot kernel. I have did a factory reset, wipe for clean to install, flashed Rom and then kernel again no boot. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Bring the problem up in the kernel thread. You'll hopefully get support there.

Sent from the Great White North.

Reactions: StaticMaal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ///WARNING\\\
    I am not a developer or maintainer!
    I only compiled the ROM from source and can only attest to it running properly on my Note 2.
    I make no guarantees that the zip will even install on your device, nevertheless run without issue.
    Be warned that you flash this zip at your own risk and I refuse to take any responsibility for it bricking your phone,
    breaking any of your apps, missing calls or unable to make calls,
    becoming self-aware and making you it's slave, overheating the battery and making your pants explode,
    or any other issue that may not be as likely as these.
    \\\WARNING///

The thread for the official build of Dirty Unicorns for the t0lteatt (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2640856) maintained by JMZ hasn't been updated in quite some time and the Dirty Unicorns download site (http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=t0lteatt&folder=Weeklies) hasn't posted a weekly for t0lteatt since July 21, so I chose to build my own flashable zip from source at https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat. I have had to make small changes to a couple of source files to get the zip to build, but everything still seems to work just fine, so I figured I'd post it for y'all to have a look at.

If you have any problems, you can go ahead and post your issue here to see if anyone can help you. I wouldn't post your problems in the official thread unless they're also problems faced with an official build. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to help you figure out your issue, or be able to squash any bugs you may find, but I'll try to do everything I can to help.

Of course... Credit goes out to TeamDirt for such a great ROM... JMZ and all the other maintainers who spend their own time to make sure this ROM is available on a variety of devices... All the various projects thanked and credited by JMZ in the official thread (sorry... I'm too lazy to list them myself, but if you feel I should list them, let me know and I will list them in the future)... And all of you who continue to have patience and loyalty with this great ROM. Thank you all!

Flashing Instructions:

* Dirty Unicorns recommends TWRP, but I use Philz Touch recovery and it works just fine.
    * Download ROM and GAPPS from the links below.
    * Reboot into recovery.
    * Full wipe: Wipe cache, dalvik, wipe data/factory reset, clean to install a new rom.
    * Flash ROM and GAPPS.
    * Reboot into system.
    * Enjoy!

Downloads:

ROM Download Link: Click Here

GAPPS Download Link: Click Here

I hope you enjoy this and let me know if you run into any issues. Have a good one!

gamu9eja.jpg
    Well y'all... v8.1 will be the last version of DU KitKat as DU transitions to Lollipop. What this means for us? Commits should be limited for now on, so builds will be as well. There's enough open commits to warrant another UNOFFICIAL build if they are merged, but if they stall like the September 3 commits, I may try incorporating them as cherry picks, along with the September 3 commits, into a custom build. So that means, one, maybe two, builds left for this thread.

How about Lollipop? Well... The Lollipop builds are still weeks, if not months, away, so one way or another, there will be a break in builds. Even once the Lollipop branch is ready, it'll likely be a while before t0lte is added as a supported device, if a maintainer chooses to maintain it.

Finally... Once I've posted my final KitKat build, I may decide to work on building for other ROMs during the interim, although I would imagine most custom ROMs will be ending their development of KitKat as they get ready for Lollipop, so I may just mothball my build environment until I can build for Lollipop. I would be more than willing to continue to build DU for Lollipop, but I'm guessing that if our device continues to be maintained, the maintainer will likely make weekly builds available, so my builds shouldn't be necessary.

So what am I babbling about? Basically... In a very uncondensed way... I'm explaining that within the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting what could be my last publically available build for the foreseeable future. I've rather enjoyed keeping Dirty Unicorns updated on the t0lteatt for that past couple of months and thank you all for being so supportive.

Have a good one!
    Just wanted to say thank you for over a hundred downloads of my final Unofficial KK build of DU. It may not seem like much, but it's really an excellent milestone. I hope y'all are still enjoying the build. Keep posting any errors you may have, so we can continue to help each other figure them out as well as we can. Hopefully, a stable lollipop build will be capable soon, and when it is, if official builds continue to be scarce for the t0lteatt, I'll likely give an unofficial build a try.

Have a good one!
    New build available... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842

This is a new version number, so I recommend a full flash, even though I know some of you will still do a dirty flash and a few might have no issues, but that's just my recommendation.
    New build up... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842
    If may be okay to do a dirty flash, but if you have any problems, please try a clean install. Thank you.

Have a good one!