[ROM]Official[317/317M](7/08) [SaberKat 1.5][4.4.2 KITKAT TW]

Search This thread

atmos929

Sep 27, 2012
Moto G9 Plus
Realme GT 2 Pro
Do 4.4.2 TW ROMs still mount internal SD at /data/media ??... or did it change to /data/media/0 as AOSP?

I traditionally set it to /data/media/ for TW ROMs... but I've gotten the impression that Philz reports me it moved to /0.

Awesome TW ROM btw... it's probably the first 4.4.2 TW that works without any problems in my i317m.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Do 4.4.2 TW ROMs still mount internal SD at /data/media ??... or did it change to /data/media/0 as AOSP?

I traditionally set it to /data/media/ for TW ROMs... but I've gotten the impression that Philz reports me it moved to /0.

Awesome TW ROM btw... it's probably the first 4.4.2 TW that works without any problems in my i317m.

Couldn't say for sure without looking but I think it moved. Thank you. Worked hard to make sure no fc issues. I do a ridiculous amount of testing before I release. Seriously ridiculous

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock

Using root explorer i get two folders one is 0 the other is legacy both go to the same place. Using Android Commander I get "/storage/emulated/legacy/"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-41-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-41-39.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 300
  • sd.PNG
    sd.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Reactions: atmos929

Striker333

Jan 4, 2011
Anyone have issues with NFC working with any banking app? Tried with TD banking and it says it doesn't detect NFC?

Gonna answer my own question. I don't think I have an NFC enabled sim. So there ya have it.

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone have issues with NFC working with any banking app? Tried with TD banking and it says it doesn't detect NFC?

Gonna answer my own question. I don't think I have an NFC enabled sim. So there ya have it.

LOL. Think I read something about others having issues with TD in a different thread. Bet they have same issue and just don't realize it

Reactions: Striker333

lonesoulja

Feb 22, 2011
How do I change the color of that yellow bar that comes down when I scroll through my contacts or messages? Other than that awesome Rom!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

JQ27HHH

Jan 12, 2009
Anyone have an issue watching videos or viewing pics from the "funny videos and pics by break" app? Seems ever since I switched to this rom, that's the only app that crashes. The app loads, but when I click a video or pic, it force closes in 3 seconds.

hiperglyde

Jul 6, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Anyone have an issue watching videos or viewing pics from the "funny videos and pics by break" app? Seems ever since I switched to this rom, that's the only app that crashes. The app loads, but when I click a video or pic, it force closes in 3 seconds.

You running xposed? I had some minor issues so I disabled them one by one til I find the one causing the problem. but you can disable them all to see if that's the cause

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

JQ27HHH

Jan 12, 2009
I tried disabling them all and the app itself. Rebooted. Still force closes. Only app I have an issue with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

samsung_galaxy_note_2_receiving_kitkat_update_screenshot_sammobile.jpg

Galaxy-S4-GPE.jpg

Galaxy-S4-LTE-Android-4.4.2-KitKat.jpg

note3-kitkat-442.jpg

Welcome to SaberKat Android TouchWiz 4.4.2. This is a Semi-Stock ROM with a few speed tweaks and a slightly modified kernel to allow permmisive state. Includes several S5 apps and probably more to come but who knows what I'll do with this thing. The ROM includes Xposed, Wanam and SE Mode Switcher used to activate permissive kernel. Updates are planned including at some point possibly implementing my own custom kernel.

Download: SaberKat 1.5

Download: SaberKat 1.0

SuperSU download: SuperSU

If you are still on the old 4.1.2 bootloader then you will need to flash agni kernel for WiFi
    AGNI Download: AGNI Purestock Thread

AGNI External SD write fix. Should work with any kernel. Download: AGNI KK SD fix

New ATT 4.4.2 Modem: I317UCUCNE5_Modem.zip

New Canadian 4.4.2 Modem: I317MVLUDNF1 Modem.zip

HOW TO INSTALL

Download the zip
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe System
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Reboot
    Set up APN, save and select. Go back and turn on Flight Mode. Now turn off flight mode. Network switch now available but should be LTE on default. If not change it. Reboot to recovery (4 Way Reboot now standard) and flash SuperSU. Reboot and enjoy
    Enjoy

Thanks to these fine folks here for helping me: @eZdubzitmk4 for helping me acclimate to TouchWiz as almost all my experience has been with AOSP. @gregsarg for numerous tests and continued effort. Not to mention hours of mind numbing searching and countless valuable input. @Mr.Bola for the S5 apps

Notes:Unobtrusive calling only works when in app. Messaging quick reply go to message settings, notifications and enable pop up. That's all for now, have to check what all I've actually changed. ENJOY THE ROM

Disclaimer:/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */
    Wanted to give a little update here guys. I setup my PC to work on touchwiz again to update this BUT I actually read up on android again today and noticed we'll be getting 4.4.4 anytime now so as soon as it is released I will add my stuff from here and then start working on the update. Seems silly to not wait when it's just around the corner and I'd have even more to change to get the new base all caught up. I haven't forgotten about you guys I swear. Although it is really quiet here so easy to slip up lol. I can honestly say I haven't had a single issue on this ROM. Thanks for the patience guys, just wanted to let you know that the update is on my schedule now instead of just I'll get to it. I need a break from kernel and aosp anyway after my next update to CyanideMod and Shift

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just thought I would give an update. Been really busy but started working on this again today. I will update sometime soon, just not sure exactly when yet. Working on several things when I have free time including a custom kernel built in from source

Not a comment for a week. Speaks for a solid rom with few issues ☺

Literally like an hour ago I thought this exact same thing. Been busy working on something special for this awesome community. Probably be posted in 7105 threads but may have a reference thread here. Be today or tomorrow so keep an eye out. I assure you it'll be more than worthwhile, even when it just begins??. Still plan to update this ROM as well

Update should be available by tomorrow guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Clean install required

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app