Originally Posted by 06SilveradoZ71
1. Go to Settings --> More --> Tab on Application Manager
2. Go to All tab (By scrolling Vertically)
3. Find AT&T Hot Spots and click it
4. When App info opens, click Turn off
Now AT&T Hotspot is turned off (The above steps just to ensure that AT&T hotspot is off
5. Download RootBrowser and the attached file and save to your phone. Know exactly where you saved it, so you can use it later on.
6. Browse to System/app and rename TetheringProvision.apk and TetheringProvision.odex . Rename the apk and odex to*.bak*(This way, you can rename them back in case the steps did not work for you)
7. After you finish replacing the files, go to your folder where you saved the attached file and copy it to system/app
7. Reboot your phone.
8. Enjoy using foxfi
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Just throwing a couple things out there.....
1. Have you tried this without changing file permissions after the copy?
2. The file is not foxfi.... Foxfi is a different app. This file is one of the stock files that has been modified. And this one does not look like it has been done completely, since it still pops up the notification that it is checking if the device is authorized to tether,
Yes it did work. Honestly I didn't test it without changing file permissions, because I already knew what they were and changed them before I rebooted.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos