1) Root the phone and allow SU to disable knox
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, OR OTHER)
3) Boot into recovery and flash the atti317ucalj2modemfixed.zip modem
4) After reboot you can use this method to unlock:
(From this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014982)
Just dial the following keys *#197328640#
Main Menu >  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in  Network Lock then choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy your unlocked phone!!!
5) Reboot recovery and flash the newest modem I317_ucucne5_modem.zip
6) Reboot again and enjoy your fully unlocked 4.4 note 2 att with out losing your data or bricking your phone
************* non at&t notes try using earlier versions of your own stock modems then updating after unlocking ************ @umaza has infomed me this method Seems to have worked for 4.4.2 i317m Koodo, just downgrade to the Rogers Modem,
Go here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987541) , go to Section 3, and go to Rogers, and get "I317MVLALJ2....uploaded by DAGr8 (Direct Link)"
tophkr (Jason Steedley)