FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

sim unlock note 2 att (i317) any firmware (4.1.2-newer) w/o data loss

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By tophkr, Junior Member on 28th October 2014, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
when updating past 4.3 you aquire the updated bootloader and can no longer "safely" downgrade to 4.1.1 to unlock this phone. however if you:

1) Root the phone and allow SU to disable knox
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, OR OTHER)
3) Boot into recovery and flash the atti317ucalj2modemfixed.zip modem
4) After reboot you can use this method to unlock:

(From this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014982)

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy your unlocked phone!!!

5) Reboot recovery and flash the newest modem I317_ucucne5_modem.zip
6) Reboot again and enjoy your fully unlocked 4.4 note 2 att with out losing your data or bricking your phone

************* non at&t notes try using earlier versions of your own stock modems then updating after unlocking ************ @umaza has infomed me this method Seems to have worked for 4.4.2 i317m Koodo, just downgrade to the Rogers Modem,
Go here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987541) , go to Section 3, and go to Rogers, and get "I317MVLALJ2....uploaded by DAGr8 (Direct Link)"

tophkr (Jason Steedley)
Last edited by tophkr; 31st January 2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Typo correction
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tophkr For This Useful Post: [ View ]

31st October 2014, 03:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
With all due respect to OP and his lack of posts (like I have room to talk, right? ) can anyone else verify this as working before I attempt this? I need to unlock my phone and would rather do this than flash 4.1.1 (and trip Knox) and then reflash to a 4.4.2 ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophkr

when updating past 4.3 you aquire the updated bootloader and can no longer "safely" downgrade to 4.1.1 to unlock this phone. however if you:

1) Root the phone and allow SU to disable knox
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, OR OTHER)
3) Boot into recovery and flash the atti317ucalj2modemfixed.zip modem
4) After reboot you can use this method to unlock:

(From this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014982)

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy your unlocked phone!!!

5) Reboot recovery and flash the newest modem I317_ucucne5_modem.zip
6) Reboot again and enjoy your fully unlocked 4.4 note 2 att with out losing your data or bricking your phone

tophkr (Jason Steedley)

31st October 2014, 06:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks! It worked perfectly on 4.1.2 to 4.3 DN3 ROM. 😃
The Following User Says Thank You to christiandavid1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 09:18 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
this method has now been tested personally on many att note 2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshenstein

With all due respect to OP and his lack of posts (like I have room to talk, right? ) can anyone else verify this as working before I attempt this? I need to unlock my phone and would rather do this than flash 4.1.1 (and trip Knox) and then reflash to a 4.4.2 ROM.

i hope others will try this and post their progress, but just as a personal reference in my repair/modification store i have now successfully unlocked 16 note 2's that i have bought and customer's phones. hope this information helps.
2nd November 2014, 03:19 AM |#5  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,687

More
The information helped a lot when the other guy figured it out and posted it a year ago.
6th November 2014, 06:58 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
ok that didnt work for me i get an error, nothing happens til I hit send on the dialpad, then I get this connection problem or invalid MMI code
9th November 2014, 08:04 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain

The information helped a lot when the other guy figured it out and posted it a year ago.

the other posted method works for previous software, the method has to be tweaked to work on 4.1.2 and above. im guessing people arn't reading that part of the post just assuming this is the same unlock method that use to work with out flashing the modem. they removed the #4 prompt in network lock on the newer modems so you cant manually unlock them.
9th November 2014, 08:25 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach44

ok that didnt work for me i get an error, nothing happens til I hit send on the dialpad, then I get this connection problem or invalid MMI code

send me your model, current version, baseband etc and i will help you figure it out. you shouldn't hit send in the dialpad to access the hidden menus. apon hitting the last # it directly loads the hidden menu.
11th November 2014, 08:08 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm running an AT&T Note 2 (SGH-I317) running Ditto Rom 3 v2, baseband I317ucucne5
15th December 2014, 01:19 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi I bought an att note 2 with 4.4.2 will this method work.

baseband
i317ucucnj1

kernel
3.0.31-1728680

build
kot49h.i317ucucnj1
16th December 2014, 08:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
works
I just tried this on my note 2 with 4.4.2 and it worked perfectly. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to EpicPowered For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, i337, note 2, root, sim unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)