FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sweet ROMs in the international forum

20th October 2014, 05:11 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Hadn't been over there in quite a while, but the N7105 forums have some sweet ROMs if you're looking for a change that should work fine on our phones...

Currently running "CM Remix" which has everything but the kitchen sink for an AOSP rom, and so far seems very smooth and stable

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50553630
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slaydog For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th October 2014, 07:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
How can you tell if a certain rom will work on the att variant?
The Following User Says Thank You to eduardoandino17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 04:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardoandino17

They should all be safe to flash. Same hardware on the internal LTE variant.

The build.prop and APNs may vary slightly, but many of the ROMs in this forum are exactly the same as their international versions anyway
22nd October 2014, 03:05 AM |#4  
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

By checking for a modem in the zip as the n7105 modem isn't compatible with AT&T or t-mobile. If modem is in the zip I usually just replace with proper modem for your carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to cnote74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 03:50 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

By checking for a modem in the zip as the n7105 modem isn't compatible with AT&T or t-mobile. If modem is in the zip I usually just replace with proper modem for your carrier.

Mine is the ATT variant but unlocked and used in Central America. I'm guessing it will work with any modem?
25th October 2014, 02:51 AM |#6  
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Mine is the ATT variant but unlocked and used in Central America. I'm guessing it will work with any modem?

No since it's AT&T you will need an AT&T modem in the phone as any other modem will cause an unknown baseband.
25th October 2014, 05:05 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

No since it's AT&T you will need an AT&T modem in the phone as any other modem will cause an unknown baseband.

Got it, thanks!
2nd November 2014, 07:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Still running the ROM I mentioned in the OP, and it has too many features and too few flaws (none!) for me to try any other!

New build made yesterday - gonna try that, though

BTW, didn't have to change anything to get it optimized for the ATT model- even the APNs were all set up (unless maybe I restored settings that I wasn't aware of)...

1st Nov 2014 (ver 3.0.5.0 STABLE Fix)
Kernel : bundled with latest agni kernel ( Boeffla Sound version with new wifi module)
Update SuperSu to ver 2.16
native support to F2FS (no need to flash any convertor, native support F2FS partition of System. Internal data and Cache partition)
Fixed ART mode * (1 st Nov 2014)
Last edited by slaydog; 2nd November 2014 at 07:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slaydog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2014, 03:47 AM |#9  
Flag Ottawa, On
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog

Still running the ROM I mentioned in the OP, and it has too many features and too few flaws (none!) for me to try any other!

New build made yesterday - gonna try that, though

BTW, didn't have to change anything to get it optimized for the ATT model- even the APNs were all set up (unless maybe I restored settings that I wasn't aware of)...

1st Nov 2014 (ver 3.0.5.0 STABLE Fix)
Kernel : bundled with latest agni kernel ( Boeffla Sound version with new wifi module)
Update SuperSu to ver 2.16
native support to F2FS (no need to flash any convertor, native support F2FS partition of System. Internal data and Cache partition)
Fixed ART mode * (1 st Nov 2014)

Looks like a great rom!. I'm assuming this rom is ok to flash for any LTE variant (Bell) since it doesn't include a modem?
3rd November 2014, 04:00 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser

Looks like a great rom!. I'm assuming this rom is ok to flash for any LTE variant (Bell) since it doesn't include a modem?

Should be fine! Just back up as you always would with TWRP and make sure you backup the modem as well. That way you'll always have one backed up if you need it just in case...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread