Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I take 4.3 back to 4.1.1 just to unlock?

Tip us?

flaystus
Old
(Last edited by flaystus; 18th August 2014 at 12:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Can I take 4.3 back to 4.1.1 just to unlock?

Is there a way to go from the latest version back to 4.1.1 just long enough to unlock? Or did I miss the chance?

BTW at one point I know I had the official update installed but currently am running a 4.3 rom.

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Just download the 4.1.1 on sam mobile and try to unlock can't hurt nothing if it doesn't boot do a factory reset and it should boot

Darkshado
Old
(Last edited by Darkshado; 18th August 2014 at 09:54 PM.) Reason: Made things more accurate.
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
IMHO the smart way to go about doing this is to make a TWRP or Nandroid backup of whatever you're running right now, pull a copy off the phone just in case, downgrade to the 4.1.1 stock TouchWiz ROM (the modem alone is enough if you're on TW 4.1.2+, in any case you might have to skip the bootloaders as those won't downgrade. Assuming you're flashing the "whole" ROM you must factory reset, hence the backups) do the unlock then restore the backup.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

pyraxiate
Old
(Last edited by pyraxiate; 18th August 2014 at 08:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 642
Its radio dependant. Not rom / bootloader dependant. Just download a 4.1 radio and the menu options will be available. I was on 4.3 JediX and only downgraded the radio. Worked well for me. If you need the radio let me know and I'll upload it when I get home.

Also Darkshado is correct. You can't downgrade the bootloader. You're better off on the 4.3 loader anyway. Much less hassle as far as WiFi / signal issues go ( flashing different kernels....patching bootloaders... using using selinuxmode changer etc ).
Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here
The Following User Says Thank You to pyraxiate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,678
Like ^^^^^ said just flash the J2 modem only. It's the modem that has the unlock menu not the rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flaystus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Everyone on this thread rocks thanks.

nooton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome info, thanx!

pjmontes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb SGH-i317m with telcel mexico was root lost after after JB 4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyraxiate View Post
Its radio dependant. Not rom / bootloader dependant. Just download a 4.1 radio and the menu options will be available. I was on 4.3 JediX and only downgraded the radio. Worked well for me. If you need the radio let me know and I'll upload it when I get home.

Also Darkshado is correct. You can't downgrade the bootloader. You're better off on the 4.3 loader anyway. Much less hassle as far as WiFi / signal issues go ( flashing different kernels....patching bootloaders... using using selinuxmode changer etc ).
I want to unlock the phone and recover my root access, can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmontes View Post
I want to unlock the phone and recover my root access, can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
Follow the steps to unlock.

Follow the steps to root.