Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bell Mobility KitKat modem?

Tip us?

crutzulee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263
Default Bell Mobility KitKat modem?

I am using my Note 2 on the Bell Mobility Network and would like to see if today's official Kit Kat upgrade contains an upgraded LTE modem.

I'm confused as to which one of these ODIN flashable updates is specific to Bell Mobility.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SGH-I317M

Actually, I have no intention of returning to stock as I am completely happy with DN3 rom on my phone. I am just hoping to extract the Bell specific modem from the stock image. If someone else has already done this and can post it then I could save a step...

I see that some kind soul has already done this for Telus users...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53503470

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
The ROM for the Canadian I317Ms is the same, no matter the carrier, only the applied CSC changes. You can flash the DNF1 modem from that Telus thread, it's the same you'd get from the whole ROM.

Canadian CSC codes I'm aware of:

BMC - Bell Mobility
VMC - Virgin Mobile Canada
BWA - Bell Wireless Alliance (iirc: Télébec, NorthernTel, Aliant, MTS, SaskTel; I'm having a hard time confirming current members)
PCM - President's Choice

TLS - Telus
KDO - Koodo

RWC - Rogers
FMC - Fido

VTR - Vidéotron
MCT - Mobilicity
GLW - Wind (originally known as Globalive Wireless)
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]