[Q]Need clarification for rooted rogers note 2, android 4.4

OP Adrian92

18th June 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello, I recently just updated my Rogers SGH-i317M to 4.3, which then downloaded a system update which put it at 4.4. I was running Jedi X20, which is based on 4.1.2, when I first tried updating, I flashed the "4.3param_tz" file in odin, and was left with an error screen saying I need to recover using Kies, so I downloaded the official release, flashed via odin, and thats how I got to where I am now. I want to try the "Ditto Note 3" rom, "Sky Note Air 4.3", "Mean Bean" and "Beanstalk". My main question is, can I just start flashing these roms like I was before on 4.1.2, or do I need to use the specific kernel listed on their page? Before you needed a specific kernel to run a touchwiz rom or an aosp rom, so is it still the same? Or can I use my stock 4.4 kernel and try both aosp and tw roms now? If so could you point out the kernels I would need? And educate me on anything else I should know about before flashing 4.3 and 4.4 roms, (I'm not worried about warranty), this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in reading this and helping me out, much appreciated!!
19th June 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 221

653 posts
More
Regardless of where u are, I'd Odin to Rogers stock KK 4.4.2. Then Odin Twrp recovery, boot into twrp recovery and flash SU v.1.99. Finally choose your rom and flash away. This way you are on the lastest KK 4.4.2 Bootloader and KK Modem/Baseband.
Last edited by just_visiting; 19th June 2014 at 05:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to just_visiting For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_visiting

Regardless of where u are, I'd Odin to Rogers stock KK 4.4.2. Then Odin Twrp recovery, boot into twrp recovery and flash SU v.1.99. Finally choose your rom and flash away. This way you are on the lastest KK 4.4.2 Bootloader and KK Modem/Baseband.

I did all that except flash SU 1.99, so I tried flashing SKynote Air and it didnt work, upon restarting my phone it said no os is available. So I tried restoring from the backup I made of the official 4.4.2 Samsung rom in twrp, didn't work. Tried Odin, didn't work. Then I tried flashing the Skynote rom again and it worked. So I'm afraid of flashing any other roms now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread