Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Need clarification for rooted rogers note 2, android 4.4

Tip us?

Adrian92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Need clarification for rooted rogers note 2, android 4.4

Hello, I recently just updated my Rogers SGH-i317M to 4.3, which then downloaded a system update which put it at 4.4. I was running Jedi X20, which is based on 4.1.2, when I first tried updating, I flashed the "4.3param_tz" file in odin, and was left with an error screen saying I need to recover using Kies, so I downloaded the official release, flashed via odin, and thats how I got to where I am now. I want to try the "Ditto Note 3" rom, "Sky Note Air 4.3", "Mean Bean" and "Beanstalk". My main question is, can I just start flashing these roms like I was before on 4.1.2, or do I need to use the specific kernel listed on their page? Before you needed a specific kernel to run a touchwiz rom or an aosp rom, so is it still the same? Or can I use my stock 4.4 kernel and try both aosp and tw roms now? If so could you point out the kernels I would need? And educate me on anything else I should know about before flashing 4.3 and 4.4 roms, (I'm not worried about warranty), this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in reading this and helping me out, much appreciated!!

just_visiting
Old
(Last edited by just_visiting; 19th June 2014 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 163
Regardless of where u are, I'd Odin to Rogers stock KK 4.4.2. Then Odin Twrp recovery, boot into twrp recovery and flash SU v.1.99. Finally choose your rom and flash away. This way you are on the lastest KK 4.4.2 Bootloader and KK Modem/Baseband.
PHONE
MODEL: Samsung Galaxy Note II [SGH-I317M]
NETWORK: Telus Mobility
ROM: eZKAT v. 2.0 {4.4.2}
MODEM: I317MVLUDNF1 {Telus/Bell/Rogers/Fido/Koodo/Virgin KK 4.4.2 LTE}
KERNEL: AGNi v. 4.2.1 R3
RECOVERY: TWRP V. 2.6.0.3
MODS: 240dpi & S5UI

TABLET
MODEL: Nexus 7 2013 32GB [Flo]
ROM: CANDYKat v. 1.5.0 {4.4.3}
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: TWRP V. 2.6.3.0
MODS: Sweetner Pack 1 v. 2.3 & Sweetner Pack 2 v. 2.6
The Following User Says Thank You to just_visiting For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Adrian92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_visiting View Post
Regardless of where u are, I'd Odin to Rogers stock KK 4.4.2. Then Odin Twrp recovery, boot into twrp recovery and flash SU v.1.99. Finally choose your rom and flash away. This way you are on the lastest KK 4.4.2 Bootloader and KK Modem/Baseband.

I did all that except flash SU 1.99, so I tried flashing SKynote Air and it didnt work, upon restarting my phone it said no os is available. So I tried restoring from the backup I made of the official 4.4.2 Samsung rom in twrp, didn't work. Tried Odin, didn't work. Then I tried flashing the Skynote rom again and it worked. So I'm afraid of flashing any other roms now.