MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Help Confirming I317m Hardware Issue

27th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
I have this I317m locked to bell. I am trying to use it on virgin mobile canada. From what I've read, I shouldn't have to unlock it to use it on virgin. Anyway, when I insert my virgin sim card, sometimes it'll say unregistered sim and other times it'll just tell me emergency call only. When I look under status, it knows my phone number and it knows that there is a sim card inserted, but it won't let me connect to anything. It's completely stock and on 4.4.2. It never asks to enter an unlock code when booted up and no combination of any symbols and numbers that I have found on the web results in anything happening through the dialer. I have an unlock code for it and I cannot input it anywhere. I am starting to think that I have a hardware issue of some kind and hope that it can be confirmed with help from you guys. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
27th June 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

36 posts
So it can pick up virgin under available networks, it just can't register on anything. This time, when I turned it on, it read virgin for a split second on the lock screen then switched to unregistered sim and then to just emergency calls only. It has bars showing up, I just can't connect to anything. strange.
28th June 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

36 posts
Well, I have it all apart now and figured for the $7.69 it costs for a new sim reader and micro sd reader, I'll give it a shot.I kinda have a feeling that it not the issue though. I'm kinda leaning toward the nand being fried or something like that.
29th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 461

990 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you checked that the IMEI was clean?
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

36 posts
The imei comes up under about phone and matches the sticker. What else is there to check? It also shows up doing the #*06# trick.
30th June 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

36 posts
Aha! Checked IMEI. Not clean. Will fix properly now. Thanks.
30th June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #7  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 461

990 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which normally means you're in possession of a lost, unpaid or stolen device...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread