Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Please!

Tip us?

tp2girl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help Please!

When I am in Astro or file explorer I delete files, move files, change file names. But when I restart my phone all the changes I made are gone. Files that I deleted reappear. File names I changed are gone and replaced with the name before I changed it. It seems as if it keeps being set back to a certain point and any changes I make do not stick. Please help as this is a serious problem. I cannot make any changes to my files. I really need help.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

xBkKx
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Internal storage or external? If deleting files that need root privileges I'd suggest flashing Supersu and/or deleting the allowed app root privileges and readding them. If it's the SDCard I'd venture to say it's fried as it happened to me the card was stuck at a certain usage point and no data could be altered I had to contact SanDisk (they manufactured mine in question) and ended up with a replacement as it was only a couple months old.

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
And if for some reason you're trying to edit something, say, on /system, is it mounted as writable?
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G