No registration required

[Q] Need Help Unbricking Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317

OP SBM_from_LA

7th July 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I ran into a problem when I tried to root my phone. I had experience rooting before with a Samsung tablet so I was surprised with this problem.

Phone Info:

AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 OTA updated to Android 4.4 before attempting the root

Things didn't go as planned and got hung up during rooting process... Now the phone is stuck with the message about Firmware update
interrupted. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed next and I was hoping to receive some advice from other users who are more experienced
in this area.

I remember reading somewhere that once a device has KitKat 4.4 installed.. you can't use a previous version to restore or something like that.

I hope to have someone respond back to me soon... and please, if you could, give me detailed/step-by-step instructions or advice so I can understand what you mean.. since I'm not an expert in this particular area.

Remember, before the soft-bricking, my phone was running Android 4.4 that was recently installed by AT&T.... so I need a method what works with that.

Yes, I am still able to get into Download Mode...
7th July 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 154

865 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM_from_LA

I ran into a problem when I tried to root my phone. I had experience rooting before with a Samsung tablet so I was surprised with this problem.

Phone Info:

AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 OTA updated to Android 4.4 before attempting the root

Things didn't go as planned and got hung up during rooting process... Now the phone is stuck with the message about Firmware update
interrupted. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed next and I was hoping to receive some advice from other users who are more experienced
in this area.

I remember reading somewhere that once a device has KitKat 4.4 installed.. you can't use a previous version to restore or something like that.

I hope to have someone respond back to me soon... and please, if you could, give me detailed/step-by-step instructions or advice so I can understand what you mean.. since I'm not an expert in this particular area.

Remember, before the soft-bricking, my phone was running Android 4.4 that was recently installed by AT&T.... so I need a method what works with that.

Yes, I am still able to get into Download Mode...

Try this method to get you back up and running

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th July 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Thanks for the quick reply
Thanks for the recommendation... However, I did come across that posting but it didn't seem to apply to my particular problem.. I'm not running 4.3, but Android 4.4 on my phone... One thing I'm not sure about is... I tried flashing the original 4.1.2 to my phone (followed instructions from another site on resolving soft bricks) and that process failed... I'm not sure if I need to completely start all over with my phone or if 4.4 is still installed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

Try this method to get you back up and running

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

7th July 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #4  

865 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation... However, I did come across that posting but it didn't seem to apply to my particular problem.. I'm not running 4.3, but Android 4.4 on my phone... One thing I'm not sure about is... I tried flashing the original 4.1.2 to my phone (followed instructions from another site on resolving soft bricks) and that process failed... I'm not sure if I need to completely start all over with my phone or if 4.4 is still installed...

You cant flash 4.1.2 you have to go to 4.1.1 first then go to 4.1.2 idk y just how it is

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

That link is just a way to get the phone back working mine did that after doing an update and the only thing i could do is download mode and i did that and it got me back up and running

8th July 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Talking Phone Is Working Now
I just wanted to thank you for the information you supplied to me. I followed the instructions exactly... after it PASSED in Odin, it did do the hang at the Samsung logo... and I was able to get back into Recovery Mode and do the Factory Reset and Reboot. I'm glad I came here.. I learned something new..

Once again... thank you
8th July 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #6  

865 posts
Quote:

I just wanted to thank you for the information you supplied to me. I followed the instructions exactly... after it PASSED in Odin, it did do the hang at the Samsung logo... and I was able to get back into Recovery Mode and do the Factory Reset and Reboot. I'm glad I came here.. I learned something new..

Once again... thank you

Np man anytime

The Following User Says Thank You to terpin32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread