Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unlock AWS on I317M with 4.4.2?

Tip us?

billy3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to unlock AWS on I317M with 4.4.2?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to tinkering with Android. I've tried looking for info on how to unlock AWS on a Note 2 I317M that has KitKat 4.4.2 on it (thus having Knox), but there's no clear guide. All I've found so far is info saying that you can't downgrade with Knox running.

So my questions:
1) Is it necessary to downgrade and/or root from 4.4.2 to unlock AWS on the I317M?

2) Is downgrading and/or rooting possible on an I317M with 4.4.2 and if so how?

3) Would you provide the steps from start to finish for the entire process of enabling AWS on a I317M that has 4.4.2 on it (including any necessary rooting, downgrading, upgrading, flashing, etc)?

I asking because at the moment the info on how to do this seems very scattered and confusing to a total newb like me

Thanks!

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy3 View Post
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to tinkering with Android. I've tried looking for info on how to unlock AWS on a Note 2 I317M that has KitKat 4.4.2 on it (thus having Knox), but there's no clear guide. All I've found so far is info saying that you can't downgrade with Knox running.

So my questions:
1) Is it necessary to downgrade and/or root from 4.4.2 to unlock AWS on the I317M?

2) Is downgrading and/or rooting possible on an I317M with 4.4.2 and if so how?

3) Would you provide the steps from start to finish for the entire process of enabling AWS on a I317M that has 4.4.2 on it (including any necessary rooting, downgrading, upgrading, flashing, etc)?

I asking because at the moment the info on how to do this seems very scattered and confusing to a total newb like me

Thanks!

I don't believe you needcto downgrade... follow this guide here

Instead of using *#7284# you will need to use *#0808# for usb menu so qpst recognizes device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - T889 - TW4.4*eZKAT* Kernel: AGNi
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 * ROM: Hyperdrive RLS8

billy3
Old
(Last edited by billy3; 18th July 2014 at 05:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexigga View Post
I don't believe you needcto downgrade... follow this guide here

Instead of using *#7284# you will need to use *#0808# for usb menu so qpst recognizes device.
Thanks!

Won't Knox cause an issue if I try to flash the radio? Has anyone actually done this successfully with 4.4.2?

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy3 View Post
Thanks!

Won't Knox cause an issue if I try to flash the radio? Has anyone actually done this successfully with 4.4.2?
Sorry for being late...just saw this...

No issue with Knox flashing modem. I have successfully configured the AWS bands on 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - T889 - TW4.4*eZKAT* Kernel: AGNi
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 * ROM: Hyperdrive RLS8