Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues after flashing Stock UCUCNE5

Tip us?

NebraskaJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Issues after flashing Stock UCUCNE5

I just went back to stock after having CWM Recovery and BeanStalk 4.4.2. I used the recovery to wipe cache/data and flash the UCUCNE5 image ([ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex). I'd like to root the device and install the bootloader so WiFi will work now but I'm running into issues.

I can connect to the phone in MTP mode just fine, but Windows/Odin doesn't detect the phone in download mode. Not only that, but I can't turn the phone off while it's connected to the PC - it just reboots. I can get the phone to power down if it's not connected.

I've installed all of the updated Samsung drivers and Google ADB drivers. Anyone have any ideas?

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaJ View Post
I just went back to stock after having CWM Recovery and BeanStalk 4.4.2. I used the recovery to wipe cache/data and flash the UCUCNE5 image ([ROM][4.4.2][Jul-2014] AT&T I317-UCUCNE5/MJ4 *Stock* Odex). I'd like to root the device and install the bootloader so WiFi will work now but I'm running into issues.

I can connect to the phone in MTP mode just fine, but Windows/Odin doesn't detect the phone in download mode. Not only that, but I can't turn the phone off while it's connected to the PC - it just reboots. I can get the phone to power down if it's not connected.

I've installed all of the updated Samsung drivers and Google ADB drivers. Anyone have any ideas?
Take a screen shot of your settings in the about tab

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NebraskaJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here's the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_2014-07-11_00-32-43[1].png
Views:	51
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2845083  

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Here's the screenshot.
If you flashed the rom without doing the update you should already be rooted tho if anything get the newest supersu 2.0 then flash that in recovery and see what happens

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PuffinMuphin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

take the battery out and try going into recovery mode and reflash the rom?

NebraskaJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can't seem to get recovery to work at all. The phone is connected and detected by Windows when powered on. When in download(stock recovery), the PC doesn't detect it. USB debugging is enabled, the computer security permissions are set for the PC.

Without access to recovery, am I able to do anything? Can I use ADB to force-flash the phone without it being in recovery?

NebraskaJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also, a wierd issue I mentioned before - the phone will NOT power down when connected to the PC, it just reboots. In addition, the phone, if powered down, will boot automatically when the USB cable is connected.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3454
You may be looking at a Kies emergency restore if Odin can't see the device. ..
Hopefully Kies does...

But I'm with puffin on this one. ..
Place a clean rooted rom to your external sd card by removing it from the device and using a pc card adapter. ..then put the card with the rom back into the device while it's still powered down. ..

Then boot the device to recovery if possible. ..and fully wipe. ..then flash the new rom from sd....

Once booted...you should be good to move forward. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

Ajc61290
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default wondering

hey.. So i am running 4.3 stock rooted deoxed with twrp. i am wondering if there is a way to truly go back to stock so i can ota the 4.4.2 update. i have already tried flashing 4.1.1 and going all the way up from there and i get the update to download and install and it just hangs up on the att logo screen on boot. Is it possibly because the knox counter is tripped. someone help. im not a noob to custom roms or flashing i just cant figure out what is stopping it....

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajc61290 View Post
hey.. So i am running 4.3 stock rooted deoxed with twrp. i am wondering if there is a way to truly go back to stock so i can ota the 4.4.2 update. i have already tried flashing 4.1.1 and going all the way up from there and i get the update to download and install and it just hangs up on the att logo screen on boot. Is it possibly because the knox counter is tripped. someone help. im not a noob to custom roms or flashing i just cant figure out what is stopping it....
Boot to the stock recovery and wipe data then cache. ..
It should boot fine after that. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g