FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

MMS problems on Net10 after KitKat update

Thanks Meter: 421
 
By djbrian52, Senior Member on 5th July 2014, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Good day everyone! So here's my situation. My wife has my "old" Note 2. She's been using it on net10 for the past 9 months with 4.3 Jellybean and no problems with MMS. I just did the KitKat update and now with the same APN settings, I'm able to receive but not send pics(mms). Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, found a resolution? Thanks in advance for your input. Happy 4th to my fellow Americans and remember to thank a Veteran today(and every day)!!!

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
 
 
7th July 2014, 10:15 PM |#2  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52

Good day everyone! So here's my situation. My wife has my "old" Note 2. She's been using it on net10 for the past 9 months with 4.3 Jellybean and no problems with MMS. I just did the KitKat update and now with the same APN settings, I'm able to receive but not send pics(mms). Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, found a resolution? Thanks in advance for your input. Happy 4th to my fellow Americans and remember to thank a Veteran today(and every day)!!!

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

Go to APN settings for net10 go down to APN type and clear it out so it is blank. It will say say APN type not set. Save it and should be fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrek77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 12:41 PM |#3  
djbrian52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77

Go to APN settings for net10 go down to APN type and clear it out so it is blank. It will say say APN type not set. Save it and should be fixed.

Unfortunately that didn't fix it. Anyone else?

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
18th July 2014, 01:31 PM |#4  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52

Unfortunately that didn't fix it. Anyone else?

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

Can you post screenshots of the APN?
18th July 2014, 09:51 PM |#5  
djbrian52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek77

Can you post screenshots of the APN?

I've been at work all day. I'll post this evening.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
22nd July 2014, 03:53 PM |#6  
pbanj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2lapno7.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cp6dm0.jpg

My APN settings, not sure if it will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to pbanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 03:40 PM |#7  
Shrek77's Avatar
Member
Flag Claysburg
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbanj

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2lapno7.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cp6dm0.jpg

My APN settings, not sure if it will help.

Your APN type has default,supl,mms in it. Click it and delete those out and then save the APN. It will say APN type not set. I put mine up for you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-24 14.35.12.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2868551
25th July 2014, 07:12 PM |#8  
djbrian52's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
So what I found is that it's the default messaging app that won't send. I even tried a version from my Note 3 with the same result. Go sms pro and the kitkat app from the play store work fine. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes