Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modem question

Tip us?

Duskycub
Old
(Last edited by Duskycub; 10th July 2014 at 11:21 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Modem question

I have a note 2 ATT with the mh3 firmware and I'm running sky note 4.3 works wonderful if I update to 4.4.2 should I update my baseband to mk6 or ne5 is there a reason that I should not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskycub View Post
I have a note 2 ATT with the mh3 firmware and I'm running sky note 4.3 works wonderful if I update to 4.4.2 should I update my baseband to mk6 or ne5 is there a reason that I should not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Some ppl like being on mj4 cuz theres no knox but more than likely your phone I out of warranty but i would just update to 4.4.2 the phone is alot more responsive im actually on cm 11 m8 right now and i love it

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terpin32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Duskycub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32 View Post
Some ppl like being on mj4 cuz theres no knox but more than likely your phone I out of warranty but i would just update to 4.4.2 the phone is alot more responsive im actually on cm 11 m8 right now and i love it

Thanks i will try to use 4.4.2 with the mh4 baseband and see what happens. But wondering if mk6 would make it more responsive. Also since i used CM in the past does it work well with the stylus

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskycub View Post
Thanks i will try to use 4.4.2 with the mh4 baseband and see what happens. But wondering if mk6 would make it more responsive. Also since i used CM in the past does it work well with the stylus
Its more just the kitkat update making it feel smoother but i wouldn't update your baseband if you can avoid it once you go to mk6 you can't go back but i wouldn't want to anyways but its your call

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

If you use your stylus i wouldn't use a aosp rom

The Following User Says Thank You to terpin32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]