Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob Questions

Tip us?

bobiscool07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default [Q] Noob Questions

I am just now modding my SGH-I215M - as I have just rooted using CF-Auto root method. Now I am looking to install a recovery and a custom ROM. Before I do that, I wanted to make sure that the SGH-I317 Roms can be flashed on the M variant (Canadian).

Also, for installing a recovery - which version am I to use? the ATT or Canadian (t0ltecan) version? Goo manager said no files were found for my phone :S

mrevankyle
Old
Thanks Meter 540
You mean i317m right? I dont think there is a phone with the code i215m. In which case the Att ones will work fine. They have identical hardware
Galaxy Note II-OmniRom Asus Transformer- Stockish(Media Center)
"Thank the devs, Thank the contributors"
The Following User Says Thank You to mrevankyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobiscool07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevankyle View Post
You mean i317m right? I dont think there is a phone with the code i215m. In which case the Att ones will work fine. They have identical hardware
Thanks - Yes, that was a typo. Also, since I have updated OTA to 4.4.2, does that mean I have to downgrade my bootloader for ROM like DN3 V5?

I managed to get TWRP working on my phone, so now I should be able to wipe date in recovery and flash any ROM in the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II Forums?