Phone will not wipe data, keeps rebooting

OP Themetnut

28th June 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

181 posts
Hi everyone, I just made a huge mistake on my phone, I was trying to restore a NAND backup and forgot to do a factory reset before I did that. Now my phone freezes at the samsung logo, and when I get into the cwm screen I cannot wipe data because it reboots whenever I try to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
3rd July 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Collierville
Thanks Meter: 8

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themetnut

Hi everyone, I just made a huge mistake on my phone, I was trying to restore a NAND backup and forgot to do a factory reset before I did that. Now my phone freezes at the samsung logo, and when I get into the cwm screen I cannot wipe data because it reboots whenever I try to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks !

can you get to download mode if so i would flash 4.3 through odin or back to stock with odin maby that will help, if it reboots when u put battery in weather u hit power button or not then its the power button that needs replaced , good luck
4th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themetnut

Follow this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447 .
I followed sections all sections 1 threw 3. At section 2 the link for the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip did not work. I used this link instead.
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/16559598/file.html
At section 3 don't be alarmed when it says it's downloading the update but it doesn't show percentages. It is downloading. In fact for me it automatically downloaded the 4.4.2 update instead of 4.3. It skipped it and went straight to kitkat. It took some time but I have Official KItkat 4.4.2.

Hit Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread