Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone will not wipe data, keeps rebooting

Tip us?

Themetnut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Phone will not wipe data, keeps rebooting

Hi everyone, I just made a huge mistake on my phone, I was trying to restore a NAND backup and forgot to do a factory reset before I did that. Now my phone freezes at the samsung logo, and when I get into the cwm screen I cannot wipe data because it reboots whenever I try to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

outlaw2112
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themetnut View Post
Hi everyone, I just made a huge mistake on my phone, I was trying to restore a NAND backup and forgot to do a factory reset before I did that. Now my phone freezes at the samsung logo, and when I get into the cwm screen I cannot wipe data because it reboots whenever I try to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks !

can you get to download mode if so i would flash 4.3 through odin or back to stock with odin maby that will help, if it reboots when u put battery in weather u hit power button or not then its the power button that needs replaced , good luck

Current ATT Note 2
note 1 I717 blackstar ( Backup )
infuse 4g I997 got washed
captivate cm7
backflip cm7 (just wont die)

06SilveradoZ71
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themetnut View Post

Follow this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447 .
I followed sections all sections 1 threw 3. At section 2 the link for the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip did not work. I used this link instead.
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/16559598/file.html
At section 3 don't be alarmed when it says it's downloading the update but it doesn't show percentages. It is downloading. In fact for me it automatically downloaded the 4.4.2 update instead of 4.3. It skipped it and went straight to kitkat. It took some time but I have Official KItkat 4.4.2.

Hit Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app