No registration required

[Q] which Roms should I be using? rogers note 2

OP SockmanTGR

4th July 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

48 posts
More
Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)
6th July 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockmanTGR

Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)

most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).
The Following User Says Thank You to emilgue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilgue

most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).

Thank you very much.
6th July 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #4  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshado

Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.

Are modems not included in roms? And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)
7th July 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #6  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockmanTGR

Are modems not included in roms?

Maybe: When in doubt, check the ROM recovery zip installer or Odin tar archive.
Quote:

And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)

They're upgradeable, but that's not something you would be playing with most of the time, if ever. You wouldn't normally encounter this on recovery flashable ROMs, maybe on Odin packages. Look up aboot, tz, param.img and SBL for more details.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread