Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] which Roms should I be using? rogers note 2

Tip us?

SockmanTGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] which Roms should I be using? rogers note 2

Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)

emilgue
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockmanTGR View Post
Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)
most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).
The Following User Says Thank You to emilgue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SockmanTGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilgue View Post
most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).
Thank you very much.

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 446

DONATE TO ME
Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SockmanTGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshado View Post
Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.
Are modems not included in roms? And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockmanTGR View Post
Are modems not included in roms?
Maybe: When in doubt, check the ROM recovery zip installer or Odin tar archive.
Quote:
And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)
They're upgradeable, but that's not something you would be playing with most of the time, if ever. You wouldn't normally encounter this on recovery flashable ROMs, maybe on Odin packages. Look up aboot, tz, param.img and SBL for more details.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]