MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Saberkat 1.5 Install stuck at Samsung Screen

OP Avaleria

25th August 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
As the title says i am trying to install the Saberkat 1.5 rom on my SGH-I317. I am using Philz recovery and i am on the 4.4.2 bootloader. I was running DN3 previously and attempted to do a clean flash to Saberkat 1.5. The installation of the rom goes fine, but when i reboot the phone gets stuck at the Samsung screen for 15+ mintues. I have gone through the Saberkat 1.5 forum post, but i can not find anyone who is having the same issue as myself.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide me.
25th August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 153

856 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaleria

As the title says i am trying to install the Saberkat 1.5 rom on my SGH-I317. I am using Philz recovery and i am on the 4.4.2 bootloader. I was running DN3 previously and attempted to do a clean flash to Saberkat 1.5. The installation of the rom goes fine, but when i reboot the phone gets stuck at the Samsung screen for 15+ mintues. I have gone through the Saberkat 1.5 forum post, but i can not find anyone who is having the same issue as myself.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide me.

Format everything except the sd card like the system the preload boot dont format the modem tho and then reboot the recovery and it should say if you wanna root hit no the flash the rom like normal and it should work
25th August 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

Format everything except the sd card like the system the preload boot dont format the modem tho and then reboot the recovery and it should say if you wanna root hit no the flash the rom like normal and it should work

That is what i always do. I format everything except for the sd card, and wipe both caches. I selected no at the root screen, and it gets to the samsung screen and just sits there.
25th August 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:

That is what i always do. I format everything except for the sd card, and wipe both caches. I selected no at the root screen, and it gets to the samsung screen and just sits there.

I had a similar problem when I first tried to flash DN3 v5 4.4.2 (from Skynote Air 4.3 w/4.1.2 bootloader). The problem was that I was using an old version of Philz (5.5) and it would always stick at the "Samsung" screen after the flash. I switched to Philz 6.41 and it worked fine after that. The only problem is that the backups are not compatible (6.41 can't restore 5.5 and 5.5 can't restore 6.41).
25th August 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

6 posts
More
I will attempt this when I get home, will advise on the outcome.
26th August 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdad

I had a similar problem when I first tried to flash DN3 v5 4.4.2 (from Skynote Air 4.3 w/4.1.2 bootloader). The problem was that I was using an old version of Philz (5.5) and it would always stick at the "Samsung" screen after the flash. I switched to Philz 6.41 and it worked fine after that. The only problem is that the backups are not compatible (6.41 can't restore 5.5 and 5.5 can't restore 6.41).

Updated to the latest Philz version, and still gets stuck at the Samsung screen. I am going to flash TWRP and try again to see if that makes a difference.
26th August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #7  

856 posts
Quote:

Updated to the latest Philz version, and still gets stuck at the Samsung screen. I am going to flash TWRP and try again to see if that makes a difference.

I couldn't get twrp to work I only got it to work on Philz after I formated everything and I mean everything but the modem and the ext sd card then reboot the recovery and then just flash the rom and only the rom first if it doesn't have a boot sound it won't work
26th August 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

I couldn't get twrp to work I only got it to work on Philz after I formated everything and I mean everything but the modem and the ext sd card then reboot the recovery and then just flash the rom and only the rom first if it doesn't have a boot sound it won't work

I appreciate your help, i havnt had issues with any other rom. Ive done DN3, EzKat, Slimfast, and they all installed and booted up perfectly. I will chuck it up to bad luck and try a different rom.
26th August 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #9  

856 posts
Quote:

I appreciate your help, i havnt had issues with any other rom. Ive done DN3, EzKat, Slimfast, and they all installed and booted up perfectly. I will chuck it up to bad luck and try a different rom.

4.4.2 is the only I had problems with not booting but Philz is the only one I can get every rom to boot
26th August 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

6 posts
More
Funny thing, I tried to flash Saberkat 1.0 and it worked fine. Must be something with 1.5 that isn't working

/Close this thread please
Last edited by Avaleria; 26th August 2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Close this thread

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread