Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317 AT&T Question and help

OP MerlinTT

26th June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
I need some help in understanding this Samsung galaxy note 2

I have been reading all that I can about my new phone a Samsung galaxy note 2 SGH-i317
from what I can tell from my lack of phone Geekizum there is two models a 7000 and 7005??
7000 is European 3g?? and the 7005 4g is USA?? then there are the sprint, Verizon , AT&T, and T-mobile fall under the 4g USA model??
my question is are all the phones from the USA Big four the same phone with different brands on them or are they made differently for each
company?? if not then why are some custom roms made for different phones i.e., sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile
Question if I have rooted my phone and have a custom recovery install can I install any rom?? or go from 4.1.2 to say 4.4???
the unlocked phone Fry's sold me ended up to be a AT&T phone but my carrier is T-Mobile so I wish to be able to find and use the t mobile hot spots but they are not on this AT&T phone
I have downloaded these roms the 1- Jedi X20,2- CleanROM ACE 5.0, and JellyBam v9.00
I have noticed the this site has banned the JellyBAM rom???
so if there is a better rom the jedi x20 and cleanroom ace v5 can someone point me that way Please??
but overall what are the differences between the phone if any and why????
Bill
28th June 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
no help
this use to be a very helpful forum

but I see it has gone down hill
28th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTT

I'm not very active here but I believe all of your questions can be answered within existing threads and/or a few Google searches. You probably haven't gotten a response because of that. There are even forums for each model of the phone.

I bet if you do a bit of research and come back with a more specific question that is posted within a related thread, you will see a response.

The folks here are really helpful but it's a lot to ask them to rewrite/repost information that is already posted and can easily be found.
29th June 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,545

2,397 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTT

It may be the structure of your post. No one knows where to start.
If maybe you'd thrown a couple of questions out, you would have gotten answers. I read it three times and it's still WTF.

And the post above mine is correct. Goggling for the phone differences on your own, eliminates cluttering up the forum with answers you could have already found, and may already have.

Basically the N7100 and N7105 are the international versions of the Note 2. Each carrier, Sprint, TMO, Verizon, ATT has their own version of the software basically to load all their own crapware on it.
So there are different versions of ROMS supporting those carriers, with radio files to support their networks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread