Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SuperSU/Root Problems

OP xtrmewhacker

30th June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I'm not exactly new to the rooting scene nut lets just say i'm not that expert at it.
THe problem im now getting is on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2(Sgh-1317m) i had it rooted when i was on DN3 but then i wished to update
to 4.4.2, my root was gone. When I tried to re-root it via CF-Auto Root it flashes successfully no probs. But when i open SuperSU it says no SU binary installed and im not able to access root. Is there any way to get root successfully on 4.4.2 or do i have to get back to DN3.
Get back to me ASAP.
Regards,
xtrmewhacker

Special Thanks To Chainfire who made rooting so damn easy!
30th June 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up Try reloading SuperSU from play store
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmewhacker

. . . When I tried to re-root it via CF-Auto Root it flashes successfully no probs. But when i open SuperSU it says no SU binary installed and im not able to access root. Is there any way to get root successfully on 4.4.2 or do i have to get back to DN3.

This is my first post to XDA. I'm brand new to rooting though reasonably competent technically. Wanted to root for access to root-only apps, but wanted to wait for 4.4 in case I ended up unable to receive future updates. 4.4.2 OTA came in yesterday so I tried flashing. Used Odin to install TWRP recovery then used TWRP to load TeamEpic Root From Recovery. When done, root apps said I was not rooted. Loaded SuperSU and it said SU binary was missing and I should reroot. Found CF-Autoroot and loaded it through ODIN. Red-logo thing appeared and system recovered but apps still said no root. Loaded "Root Checker Basic" from play store and it confirmed still no root. Tried to run SuperSU but found it to be missing. Reloaded SuperSU from Play Store. As SuperSU was finishing installing, popup message said something about Root Checker wanting access. I said "grant" and then found that Boot Checker verified root access. So I'm on my way.

Suggestion to xtrmewhacker: remove SuperSU and reinstall from Play Store.
30th June 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 96

200 posts
More
SuperSU couldn't install the latest binary? I did the same as you, install 4.4 stock, flash cf-auto root, installed supersu from play store.

Supersu then installed via normal (not twrp), disabled knox, and rebooted. Everything was fine after.
2nd July 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightarthur

This is my first post to XDA. I'm brand new to rooting though reasonably competent technically. Wanted to root for access to root-only apps, but wanted to wait for 4.4 in case I ended up unable to receive future updates. 4.4.2 OTA came in yesterday so I tried flashing. Used Odin to install TWRP recovery then used TWRP to load TeamEpic Root From Recovery. When done, root apps said I was not rooted. Loaded SuperSU and it said SU binary was missing and I should reroot. Found CF-Autoroot and loaded it through ODIN. Red-logo thing appeared and system recovered but apps still said no root. Loaded "Root Checker Basic" from play store and it confirmed still no root. Tried to run SuperSU but found it to be missing. Reloaded SuperSU from Play Store. As SuperSU was finishing installing, popup message said something about Root Checker wanting access. I said "grant" and then found that Boot Checker verified root access. So I'm on my way.

Suggestion to xtrmewhacker: remove SuperSU and reinstall from Play Store.

Thm man appreciate it...I'm rolling now.
This crying moose for confirmation
2nd July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

272 posts
More
I'm having an issue on 4.4 where supersu just keeps crashing and I can't even open it. I've tried everything. At one point it opened and started to work but after I reset my phone its back to saying "unfortunately, supersu has stopped working"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd July 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Question No progress yet
I managed to flash custom recovery through which i flashed DN3 so im at DN3 but still no root.
i use cf auto and now SuperSU keeps shutting down I keep getting the msg
"Unfortunately,SuperSU has stopped working".
Help plz.
Regards,
xtrmewhacker
3rd July 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 423

1,048 posts
More
I got the same thing with cf-autoroot. I went in to philz touch and applied root there. Reboot and you should be able to dl from the market or do like I did and flash the zip version.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread