Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tmobile firmware on ATT phone?

Tip us?

hectorram1500
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tmobile firmware on ATT phone?

Is it possible to have the Tmobile firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note II installed on an ATT phone? If so, how?

06SilveradoZ71
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorram1500 View Post
Is it possible to have the Tmobile firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note II installed on an ATT phone? If so, how?
Great question i always wondered if you could i always thought it would brick so i never tried

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hectorram1500
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SilveradoZ71 View Post
Great question i always wondered if you could i always thought it would brick so i never tried

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hopefully i get some good answers....I'm really hoping to hear "yes, this is how.....".

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Just keep the I317 modem and bootloader. The firmware etc will do fine. For network compatibility you may need the AWS mod. Don't Odin anything for the T889 on the I317. Lots of people migrate from AT&T over to T-Mobile just fine.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hectorram1500
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
Just keep the I317 modem and bootloader. The firmware etc will do fine. For network compatibility you may need the AWS mod. Don't Odin anything for the T889 on the I317. Lots of people migrate from AT&T over to T-Mobile just fine.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
thanks for your input.

I'm just trying to take advantage of some of the software functions from Tmobile specifically the call over WIFI function since my signal is horrible inside my house.