FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

Trouble going back to stock

433 posts
Thanks Meter: 111
 
By ViciousMo, Senior Member on 11th July 2014, 11:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th July 2014, 04:20 PM |#11  
terpin32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMo

okay. cool ill try it.

ya just let me know what happens im on a stock kitkat tw rom thats been striped down with all the bloatware and i love it very smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to terpin32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
12th July 2014, 04:42 PM |#12  
ViciousMo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

yes update then it will freeze at note 2 screen then pull the battery and flash the mk6 bootloader and then you'll be on 4.1.2 then you'll get another update and you'll be on kitkat if not its 4.3 then update again to kitkat like normal

well i accpeted the first update. it froze as you said it would. I took out battery. started in download mode and flashed the bootloader through odin. and it seems to be getting stuck again even AFTER the bootloader.

input?
12th July 2014, 05:26 PM |#13  
terpin32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Maybe a factory reset?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 01:59 AM |#14  
terpin32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMo

well i accpeted the first update. it froze as you said it would. I took out battery. started in download mode and flashed the bootloader through odin. and it seems to be getting stuck again even AFTER the bootloader.

input?

Any luck getting it going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 09:01 PM |#15  
ViciousMo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

Any luck getting it going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i flashed it back to 4.1.1 and currently using that as it's atleast a phone. when i updated it froze as expected. Problem i ran into was even after removing battery and flashing the bootloader, it would freeze. Tried many things to try and get it to start. Only way it worked again was if i removed the battery, started in download mode and flashed it with the stock rom 4.1.1.

I do want the latest kit kat, but not sure how i will get it to work.
15th July 2014, 04:42 AM |#16  
terpin32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMo

i flashed it back to 4.1.1 and currently using that as it's atleast a phone. when i updated it froze as expected. Problem i ran into was even after removing battery and flashing the bootloader, it would freeze. Tried many things to try and get it to start. Only way it worked again was if i removed the battery, started in download mode and flashed it with the stock rom 4.1.1.

I do want the latest kit kat, but not sure how i will get it to work.

Ya I tried flashing back to 4.1.1 and I couldn't get it to boot I think it's something about the new bootloader but you can just flash the 4.3 stock rom via Odin and Idk if will boot or not but if it doesn't just flash philz recovery and flash this rom it's really smooth and I'm running it right now

Try the buttnaked version sounds silly but I think you'll like it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2803363

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 05:45 PM |#17  
ViciousMo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpin32

Ya I tried flashing back to 4.1.1 and I couldn't get it to boot I think it's something about the new bootloader but you can just flash the 4.3 stock rom via Odin and Idk if will boot or not but if it doesn't just flash philz recovery and flash this rom it's really smooth and I'm running it right now

Try the buttnaked version sounds silly but I think you'll like it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2803363

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i will try doing this over the weekend. Atm i'm just happy my phone is working lol. Thank you. will post results
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes