Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Unable to flash back to stock UCAMA4

OP mobidutch

2nd July 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
I have been running a rooted version of 4.3 (UCUBMK6) with TWRP recovery for some time, and want to do the OTA update to Kitkat. So I'll need to bring it back to stock first. I ran TriangleAway and rebooted to download mode afterward. Then I followed THIS guide to flash back to stock ROM 4.2.1 "KIES_HOME_I317UCAMA4_I317ATTAMA4_578342_REV04_use r_low_ship.tar.md5".

I tried several times with Odin 3.07, but every time it fails:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I then went back into download mode and flashed the rooted UCUBMK6 ROM, which works just fine (and also took it back from TWRP to stock recovery).

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it back to a stock, unrooted ROM, so that I can run OTA? Thx!
2nd July 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #2  
outlaw2112's Avatar
Member
Flag Collierville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidutch

I have been running a rooted version of 4.3 (UCUBMK6) with TWRP recovery for some time, and want to do the OTA update to Kitkat. So I'll need to bring it back to stock first. I ran TriangleAway and rebooted to download mode afterward. Then I followed THIS guide to flash back to stock ROM 4.2.1 "KIES_HOME_I317UCAMA4_I317ATTAMA4_578342_REV04_use r_low_ship.tar.md5".

I tried several times with Odin 3.07, but every time it fails:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I then went back into download mode and flashed the rooted UCUBMK6 ROM, which works just fine (and also took it back from TWRP to stock recovery).

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it back to a stock, unrooted ROM, so that I can run OTA? Thx!

what bootloader are you running , also this ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891 ) is a great thread and may help you make sure u read second or third post i dont remember witch . also ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581321 )
Last edited by outlaw2112; 2nd July 2014 at 07:11 PM.
3rd July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
djbrian52's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 423
 
1,048 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I tried to do the same for the update to kk. 3.09 said pass but bootlooped. Had to use 1.85, now on kk. Good luck.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
4th July 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidutch

I have been running a rooted version of 4.3 (UCUBMK6) with TWRP recovery for some time, and want to do the OTA update to Kitkat. So I'll need to bring it back to stock first. I ran TriangleAway and rebooted to download mode afterward. Then I followed THIS guide to flash back to stock ROM 4.2.1 "KIES_HOME_I317UCAMA4_I317ATTAMA4_578342_REV04_use r_low_ship.tar.md5".

I tried several times with Odin 3.07, but every time it fails:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I then went back into download mode and flashed the rooted UCUBMK6 ROM, which works just fine (and also took it back from TWRP to stock recovery).

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it back to a stock, unrooted ROM, so that I can run OTA? Thx!

Follow this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447 .
I followed sections all sections 1 threw 3. At section 2 the link for the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip did not work. I used this link instead.
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/16559598/file.html
At section 3 don't be alarmed when it says it's downloading the update but it doesn't show percentages. It is downloading. In fact for me it automatically downloaded the 4.4.2 update instead of 4.3. It skipped it and went straight to kitkat. It took some time but I have Official KItkat 4.4.2.

Hit Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52

I tried to do the same for the update to kk. 3.09 said pass but bootlooped. Had to use 1.85, now on kk. Good luck.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

Whate are you talkin about 1.85? Instead of 3.09?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th July 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #5  
djbrian52's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 423
 
1,048 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
You mentioned that you used Odin 3.07. I used 3.09 with no success. Had to use version 1.85.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
4th July 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52

You mentioned that you used Odin 3.07. I used 3.09 with no success. Had to use version 1.85.

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

Lol i didnt even know 3.09 was out i just have it saved on my pc & just always use 3.07 works perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th November 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
help me pls
[QUOTE=06SilveradoZ71;53892851]Follow this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447 .
I followed sections all sections 1 threw 3. At section 2 the link for the I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip did not work. I used this link instead.
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/16559598/file.html
At section 3 don't be alarmed when it says it's downloading the update but it doesn't show percentages. It is downloading. In fact for me it automatically downloaded the 4.4.2 update instead of 4.3. It skipped it and went straight to kitkat. It took some time but I have Official KItkat 4.4.2.

Hit Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=hi, my note 2 i317 got stuck on samsung logo & cnt get it to recovery mode. as i told that i need to flash the param files but the files that is link on the thread doesn't work. & you mention about the link that works. well i click it & it says files doesnt exist. do you think you can help me find a link or if you have the files that i needed. thank you so much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes