Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What do I want to do, root or new image?

OP themarker0

1st July 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hey all, need some advice here. Got a i317m (Telus, Canada, but it's the same as this so I figured I'd ask) and I miss the hidden apps feature that got lost in an update. I need to hide apps from the launcher, so many useless apps or apps I need once in a while but it's useless to in stall every two weeks, and of course, banking apps.

I saw an app hider in the store that requires a rooted phone.
I've been told I can add a custom launcher, but I'm not sure if that gets rid of the current ones.
And then I can put a custom rom on, or an older one.

Here is what I'm asking, which is the easiest, because I tried to put Cyangenmod and it just wouldn't go for some reason. It's out of warranty so I don't really care. ^__^.
1st July 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 148

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarker0

Hey all, need some advice here. Got a i317m (Telus, Canada, but it's the same as this so I figured I'd ask) and I miss the hidden apps feature that got lost in an update. I need to hide apps from the launcher, so many useless apps or apps I need once in a while but it's useless to in stall every two weeks, and of course, banking apps.

I saw an app hider in the store that requires a rooted phone.
I've been told I can add a custom launcher, but I'm not sure if that gets rid of the current ones.
And then I can put a custom rom on, or an older one.

Here is what I'm asking, which is the easiest, because I tried to put Cyangenmod and it just wouldn't go for some reason. It's out of warranty so I don't really care. ^__^.

Custom launchers like Nova and Apex run as an additional option and do not replace the stock launcher. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I just checked my stock TouchWiz launcher on ezKAT and have the ability to hide applications. I haven't run a stock ROM so don't know if that option is hidden there somewhere in the app drawer.
1st July 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
re
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai00

Custom launchers like Nova and Apex run as an additional option and do not replace the stock launcher. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I just checked my stock TouchWiz launcher on ezKAT and have the ability to hide applications. I haven't run a stock ROM so don't know if that option is hidden there somewhere in the app drawer.

It was removed as a feature in an update. Heavily made me sad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread