[Solved]AT&T i317 Baseband Unknown, IMEI- Null/Null, Internal SD card not present

OP geetmadan1991

2nd October 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

8 posts
I was flashing stock rooted FW to my AT&T note II. i clicked on 'Nand erase all' in odin while flashing and there was no pit file provided so re partition was unchecked.
ever since that was flashed my phone does not recognise any sim card, IMEI is "null / null" and the baseband is unknown.
all my internal memory shows in the application manager window to be free but in the storage section in settings, i have 0.00B left.
if i access my phone memory through a file explorer i can write on my /storage/sdcard0 partition but system does not recognise it.

i went through many XDA topics involving how to write imei number, how to restore baseband. cant find anything that would help me.
i have tried to install stock rom again, different versions of stock roms. tried to use pit files and stock rom. nothing worked.
i tried flashing the modem again using custom recovery but that did not help either.

is there a way out or i have a note ii with no phone functionality for the rest of its life?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Last edited by geetmadan1991; 6th April 2014 at 04:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geetmadan1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2013, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,586

28,403 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
4th October 2013, 01:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

I apologize.
I will keep it in mind next time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geetmadan1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2013, 07:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

15 posts
More
Info 2
had this happen after a hard brick
pls read entire thing before attempting

this is the method i used to fix

ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER/ OR UNINSTALL ALL PROGRAMS AND DRIVERS!!!!

You will need your Serial # and kies

after installing Kies and drivers goto tolls menu and select Firmware upgrade and Initialization (step one picture)
it will prompt u for your model # SGH-I317 (Step two pic)
after that it will ask for your serial #
then it prompt you to put you phone in download mode and plug it in this may take a few min and i would suggest going to the installing drivers. ie plugging in you phone in every mode so you computer recognizes it
once kies starts downloading to you phone you should be good to go it restart just like you pulled it out of the box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Step one.jpg
Views:	3652
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	2306838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Step Two.jpg
Views:	3010
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2306864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Step Three.jpg
Views:	2690
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2306868  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cobraa783 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2013, 12:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thanks a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraa783

after installing Kies and drivers goto tolls menu and select Firmware upgrade and Initialization (step one picture)
then it prompt you to put you phone in download mode and plug it in this may take a few min and i would suggest going to the installing drivers. ie plugging in you phone in every mode so you computer recognizes it
once kies starts downloading to you phone you should be good to go it restart just like you pulled it out of the box

thats an amazing solution brother
worked in one go. i did not use a different PC. tried it on the same pc without changing anything. worked like a charm.

THANKS A LOT
my note ii is not an iPod anymore.

thanks again
17th October 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unequivocally the best solution
Wow after 2 days of failing to recover, I found this. Thank you so freaking much! Totally saved my phone from some awful disrepair.

30th October 2013, 08:35 AM   |  #7  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 22

101 posts
More
Quote:

worked perfect i thought the phone was gone i had no IMIE no BASEBAND nothing i was able to fix the phone with these easy steps thanks for the post
The Following User Says Thank You to MERK77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2013, 12:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

461 posts
More
I would love to try this out. However in my case the phone reboots way too soon for Kies to recognize it. However it does not reboot if I keep in on a MD1 modem, which of course will not recognize as a valid combination to get an update.

Sort of a catch 22.
20th November 2013, 02:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Thanks a lot mate. It worked well for me and my Note 2 is back to life after almost a stressful day with dead Note 2.

Thanks again!!
20th November 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

THANK YOU!!!! This fixed my issue. Late last night I posted about not transferring the rom files to my phone before I cleaned it off. Would only boot to recovery. The only ROM I had access to was will03's CM11 4.4 nightly. The last one I tried blew out my baseband and IMEI so I was hoping it was fixed in the latest.

I was able to get 4.4 onto my phone but it didn't recognize the Sim and the baseband and imei were unknown. The last time this happened, I used a back to stock pack I got off of these forums (Stock > Root > Triangle Away > Unroot) and that worked.

This was much cleaner for me since I was at work and didn't have access to my stuff. The only thing it didn't do was reset the flash counter, which is fine. I can do that myself.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to InertiaticFlow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread