*No signal strength after multiple flashes and recoveries

OP killacam1989

28th December 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 15

110 posts
More
*No signal strength after multiple flashes and recoveries I have flashed multiple Touchwiz and Aosp Roms as well as restored the original stock firmware. (JediX20 and JediMaster + PacMan 4.2.2 and 4.3 + Stock Firmware Samsung 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and even updated to 4.3 and downgraded back to 4.1.2) Nothing seems to work sometimes when I boot up ill have signal and my phone will work. Sometimes ill make a call while I have 3 signal bars or more and the phone will just be in dialing mode and after 10 seconds or so my signal will cut off and the call will disconnect saying there is no signal or "out of service area" and as soon as it hangs up my service bars reappear. And then there are times where the phone will show no signal strength at all for the whole time. In all instances data will still work. I have flashed and recovered through odin multiple times but I know the issue lies within the software I just dont know where. EFS maybe? I even thought it was in factory mode and downloaded titanium backup and deleted every "Factory Test Mode" I saw. Still no luck and im bout to the point im about to chunk it. Any ideas of why it is doing this? Any help would be much appreciated. A phone aint nothing if the basic functions of call text and web doesnt work.*I have also tried flashing K7 MA4 J2 and UCAMH3 Modems. None seem to help the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
29th December 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,607

4,305 posts
More
Possible on the EFS...but that file is really an all or nothing deal...

It is possible to have a bad antenna or radio chip....but I do agree with you on a software fix first...to include a custom APN setup with experimented entries...

I've also heard that arbitrarily bouncing between 4.1 and 4.3 roms does alter the partition structure slightly ...but after looking into the EFS on both frameworks....I've noticed they have the same size and the information is identical...

I wish that I had more help for you....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th December 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,368

2,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam1989

*No signal strength after multiple flashes and recoveries I have flashed multiple Touchwiz and Aosp Roms as well as restored the original stock firmware. (JediX20 and JediMaster + PacMan 4.2.2 and 4.3 + Stock Firmware Samsung 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and even updated to 4.3 and downgraded back to 4.1.2) Nothing seems to work sometimes when I boot up ill have signal and my phone will work. Sometimes ill make a call while I have 3 signal bars or more and the phone will just be in dialing mode and after 10 seconds or so my signal will cut off and the call will disconnect saying there is no signal or "out of service area" and as soon as it hangs up my service bars reappear. And then there are times where the phone will show no signal strength at all for the whole time. In all instances data will still work. I have flashed and recovered through odin multiple times but I know the issue lies within the software I just dont know where. EFS maybe? I even thought it was in factory mode and downloaded titanium backup and deleted every "Factory Test Mode" I saw. Still no luck and im bout to the point im about to chunk it. Any ideas of why it is doing this? Any help would be much appreciated. A phone aint nothing if the basic functions of call text and web doesnt work.*I have also tried flashing K7 MA4 J2 and UCAMH3 Modems. None seem to help the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Are you really on straightalk like your profile says? Have you checked your APNs? You've been bouncing back and forth I'm wondering what's in there. Sounds like something in there is not happy.
29th December 2013, 05:54 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele

Are you really on straightalk like your profile says? Have you checked your APNs? You've been bouncing back and forth I'm wondering what's in there. Sounds like something in there is not happy.

My apns are fine and have always worked. The problem is not with that but rather signal strength, being able to make and receive calls. Messaging and data work fine.
29th December 2013, 05:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

110 posts
More
Quote:

My apns are fine and have always worked. The problem is not with that but rather signal strength, being able to make and receive calls. Messaging and data work fine.

My phone has always worked flawlessly until now. The signal can be normal but when I make a call it rings forever. .. the signal drops..my phone says it's out of service area and hangs up. .. and soon as it hangs up the signal bars reappear. .. in that specific order. It had never done that before until recently
29th December 2013, 06:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,368

2,287 posts
More
Quote:

My phone has always worked flawlessly until now. The signal can be normal but when I make a call it rings forever. .. the signal drops..my phone says it's out of service area and hangs up. .. and soon as it hangs up the signal bars reappear. .. in that specific order. It had never done that before until recently

Well you can try this.

[RIL] AT&T I-317 UCALK7/UCAMC3 RIL Update Packages Collection CWM/TWRP Compatible
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2280462
What is RIL:
RIL is like a driver for the modem
Use the ATTI317UCAMC3RILRecovery.zip

Then grab the ATTI317UCAMC3ModemCWM.zip from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274854
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 07:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag B.F.E.

4,305 posts
More
If a radio/ril package doesn't repair the situation for you...and a complete return to stock fails also....(stock contains radio/ril )...
Then you should consider a hardware repair...
The note 2 had antenna issues on some devices...g

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th December 2013, 04:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

45 posts
More
no signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg

If a radio/ril package doesn't repair the situation for you...and a complete return to stock fails also....(stock contains radio/ril )...
Then you should consider a hardware repair...
The note 2 had antenna issues on some devices...g

Greg,

Do you know where I can get details about the antenna issues. I searched several forums that pointed to the usb flex. I just replaced mine and still have the same problem of weak signal and constant signal drops.

Thxs
29th December 2013, 06:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

110 posts
More
Thanks man ill try this out. Isnt there a way to just wipe the efs, system,data, dalvick, cache in TWRP and start fresh?
30th December 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #10  
Flag B.F.E.

4,305 posts
More
Do "NOT" wipe your EFS FOLDER...and do "NOT " re-partition your device in Odin either...

Simply use TWRP and wipe system ...data....dalvik...and cache...
Also ....you can wipe your internal storage as well if your important items are stored on the external SD....(photo's etc.)..

And as for the antenna question ...just Google it....g

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread