[ROM][SGH-I317 / T0LTEATT[4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] OmniRom 4.4.4 - Builds of opportunity

Search This thread

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
As many of you know the GSM Note 2 is supported by Team OmniROM in a unified build format. This work is inspiring to me as the team split from CM for altruistic reasons. I have come to consider OmniROM my AOSP branch of choice due to their philosophy toward security and development.

I see a niche for our community where some of our members may be uncomfortable utilizing the unified build for any number of reasons.

My product is no more than a straight source built t0lteatt build as the OmniROM spec is drawn up for the t0lte and adapted by the t0lteatt spec on the OmniROM github. All source is available at the OmniROM git. I make no changes unless noted (in the remote chance that changes occur they will be documented/git referrenced).

I make no promises or warranty of any kind, all flashing is done at your own risk and should not be thought to be the responsibility of anyone other than the person deciding to flash the ROM. While I will attempt to help you work through issues, I do not plan on integrating non-Omni commits or "fixes" with very few exceptions. If it is broken in the unified build it will be broken in this one as well.

I plan on putting up new builds weekly if not a bit more frequently if I am inspired. If I see a change in OmniROM commits that looks promising I expect that I would post a new build. Getting to the point where stuff wasn't broken took some serious banging of the head.

Flashing instructions:

Using the most current TWRP, ClockworkMod, or PhilzTouch recovery; wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik (especially if coming from a different ROM).

Flash the unofficial OmniRom .zip file from the link below

Flash the gapps of your choice (CM or PA are good)

Boot phone and let sit on a stationary flat surface.

Do not touch the device for 10 minutes to allow the caches to build.

Reboot the device and set up

omni-4.4.4-20150323-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20150313-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20150224-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20150206-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20150107-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20150101-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20141220-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20141216-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20141208-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
omni-4.4.4-20141014-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip

PA Gapps (good variety of options)

All source code for OmniROMis available in the OmniROM Github.

OmniROM t0lte git

OmniROM t0lteatt git

DonkeyCoyote Samsung Vendor git

Props and credit to:
The OmniROM team.
UtkarshGupta for providing advice in working through build issues on compiling OmniROM and maintaining for t0lte.
Rmanne for assistance in getting my previous efforts in getting the unofficial CM ROM running by help with troubleshooting the build process.
And certainly not least mattlowry for being solid from his first posts in the doubleshot community, evolving along with weekendsR2short to porting for the doubleshot, and elevating his game on the Note 2. His advice and example made the unfathomable become doable.

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 16, 2007
Thank you for this! my Att Note 2 is far from dead and the way Att and the other "Providers" want to charge for every single little stinkin' thing.. (A 40$ SmartPhone charge from ATT? NO WAY) is ridiculous I plan to make this phone last quite a while if possible and folks like YOU and stuff like THIS make that possible! Thank you sir!

fresnogamer

May 14, 2008
Fresno, CA
Main Difference From OmniROM

I have installed both OmniROM and this variant but I can't tell the difference. Can you explain?

Thank you very much in advance.

efebe

Jun 27, 2010
HTC Leo
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
i cant install it... Status 7 , installation aborted

Edit: I installed the newest TWRP recovery and it worked :p ... thanks a lot, i'll be trying this ROM

Edit 2: Lost root access?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you know the GSM Note 2 is supported by Team OmniROM in a unified build format. This work is inspiring to me as the team split from CM for altruistic reasons. I have come to consider OmniROM my AOSP branch of choice due to their philosophy toward security and development.

I see a niche for our community where some of our members may be uncomfortable utilizing the unified build for any number of reasons.

My product is no more than a straight source built t0lteatt build as the OmniROM spec is drawn up for the t0lte and adapted by the t0lteatt spec on the OmniROM github. All source is available at the OmniROM git. I make no changes unless noted (in the remote chance that changes occur they will be documented/git referrenced).

I make no promises or warranty of any kind, all flashing is done at your own risk and should not be thought to be the responsibility of anyone other than the person deciding to flash the ROM. While I will attempt to help you work through issues, I do not plan on integrating non-Omni commits or "fixes" with very few exceptions. If it is broken in the unified build it will be broken in this one as well.

I plan on putting up new builds weekly if not a bit more frequently if I am inspired. If I see a change in OmniROM commits that looks promising I expect that I would post a new build. Getting to the point where stuff wasn't broken took some serious banging of the head.

Flashing instructions:

Using the most current TWRP, ClockworkMod, or PhilzTouch recovery; wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik (especially if coming from a different ROM).

Flash the unofficial OmniRom .zip file from the link below

Flash the gapps of your choice (CM or PA are good)

Boot phone and let sit on a stationary flat surface.

Do not touch the device for 10 minutes to allow the caches to build.

Reboot the device and set up

omni-4.4.4-20150323-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20150313-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20150224-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20150206-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20150107-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20150101-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20141220-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20141216-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20141208-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip
    omni-4.4.4-20141014-t0lteatt-COUGMADE.zip

PA Gapps (good variety of options)

All source code for OmniROMis available in the OmniROM Github.

OmniROM t0lte git

OmniROM t0lteatt git

DonkeyCoyote Samsung Vendor git

Props and credit to:
    The OmniROM team.
    UtkarshGupta for providing advice in working through build issues on compiling OmniROM and maintaining for t0lte.
    Rmanne for assistance in getting my previous efforts in getting the unofficial CM ROM running by help with troubleshooting the build process.
    And certainly not least mattlowry for being solid from his first posts in the doubleshot community, evolving along with weekendsR2short to porting for the doubleshot, and elevating his game on the Note 2. His advice and example made the unfathomable become doable.
    New build is up for those interested.
    New build posted.
    New build is up.
    Mine

10/14/14 - I know the camera is a bit weird with how it won't connect after a while. This is present in the unified build as well.