Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ravpower extended batteries

Tip us?

naeem86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default Ravpower extended batteries

Hi guys..wanted to know if anyone of u uses ravpower extended battery? Its 6200mah and is only $20 on amazon. I wanted to know what kind of battery life ur getting with it. From my side I get pretty good battery life. I am using for like 4days. Charged it only twice. But my problem is that its not that well calibrated. Sometimes on one percent it stays like for 10mins or more and sometime on a certain percent it stays less while doing the same thing. I already calibrated it with battery calibration app found on playstore. But I dont think it really calibrated it. So can anyone who uses this battery tell me if its the same for them. And can anyone tell me a good calibration app. Here are some screenshots of my battery life it. Thanks for reading and hope someone can enlighten me on this.
Btw..with the 3% that remained in the screenshots..it could last like 40mins or more. Thats wat getting me crazy! oh and am using phantom v4 rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405855121635.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2861091   Click image for larger version

Name:	1405855138710.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2861092   Click image for larger version

Name:	1405855149905.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2861093  

Torrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1
General rule of thumb with batteries is you get what you pay for. $20 isn't much...

The erratic percentage you're seeing is due to inconsistent voltage output from the cells - a classic telltale sign from low-quality batteries.

Best case it is just gets worse and worse till it dies.

Worst case is you have a cell short and the battery catches fire. No, I'm not exxagerating, I lost a dslr to a cheapo ebay battery that did this.

Honestly, I'd ditch it entirely and fork out for a seido or something.

naeem86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
I re calibrated it..and it seems a bit better now. But all the comments on amazon are so good. Duno..maybe ill use it till I sees it starts to get bad. Then ill ditch it before it burns everything.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

technology151
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for sharing