Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to restore warranty at sammy custom roms 4.3, 4.4.2 updated

Tip us?

vagsvag
Old
(Last edited by vagsvag; 24th August 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylee000 View Post
I wasn't being funny with you was wondering what the end game was. I wouldn't worry too much about the Emmc problem. If your phone is only 9 months old you should be fine. Early note 2s had the dodgy chip or 'insane' chip. My note 2 is one of those. There are apps you can get off the play store to tell you if you have an insane chip or a safe one. If the service centre can see download mode and see the binary counter is 0 then wouldnt they be able to see the warranty bit too? Unfortunately my warranty bit is now set to 1 so my warranty is probably not valid. I've had mine for 22 months now so I only have 2 months left on the warranty anyway so its not really a big problems for me now. As i recall the 'insane' emmc problems occurred because of a kernel issue in android 4.1.1 that burnt the chip out which was fixed in the 412 uodate
The warranty bit at mj5 bootloader is cosmetic 1000 flashes to do 0 will stay. Mine is 18 months old.
The fix they made is dirty fix and not really fix also the kernel hadn't any problem at 4.1.1 the problem was the chip and the fix they made was to setup the newer kernels to don't write at certain blocks which had the problem..If you search little about this you will see and "safe" emmc chips 1301 etc have also sds symptom.
The secret with these faulty chips is i believe to don't fill all the internal memory, and also if you have warranty to be active.

vagsvag
Old
(Last edited by vagsvag; 24th August 2014 at 04:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
First post updated added XXUFNG3

4.4.2 XXUFNG3.rar - 15.0 MB