FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Noob friendly guide to clean install ROM.

22,361 posts
Thanks Meter: 41,227

By dr.ketan, Recognized Contributor on 2nd September 2014, 03:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th June 2015, 07:13 PM |#101  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 41,227

Donate to Me
More
Try another battery.

Sent from my SM-N910G using xda premium

25th July 2015, 07:56 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank You
Thanks for the guide, I am getting ready to clean install my first daily driver custom rom. Can't wait!
27th July 2015, 06:34 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi everyone! I have a question, and sorry in advance as this might be a stupidly amateur question. A friend of mine came to me with her Note 2 N7100 bought from Three UK on contract. She says the SIM contract is already over and she got the SIM lock broken. But the firmware on the device is fiddled by Three, so there are Three logo animations instead of Samsung while booting etc etc. The device is stuck on Android 4.1.2 and she says whenever she tried to update it for the past years, the update process was always interrupted by the device and can not continue, neither OTA or via Kies. I had the international United Kingdom BTU rom (4.4.2) and wanted to flash it with Odin but when I saw all those Three additions etc I didn't carry on with the BTU rom. Would that cause any incompatibility problems etc etc? She no longer uses it with a Three SIM card so should I download and use the H3G rom despite this? Would BTU rom be better, which does not have the bloat done by Three UK? Would the device have any problems?
30th July 2015, 11:28 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for the guide
30th July 2015, 11:34 PM |#105  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
A noob friendly question. Which is the best root method, best recovery and best rom as of now? Just dont wanna brick my phone like I did with my s4 thats why asking.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
31st July 2015, 08:15 AM |#106  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HluscuAndrei

My n7100 suddenly restarted and then it got stuck on Samsung Galaxy screen. As i had TWRP installed on it i went ahead and wiped cache,and everything else,and i tried flashing the stock rom. But it kept giving me errors,and i coudnt do anything. Then tried another rom (Android Revolution HD) with Odin. Everything worked fine,till the phone got to Welcome to your new Samsung screen and then when i unplugged the usb cable,BUF samsung logo again !! Put the phone back into Odin,installed CWM with no worries,as soon as i unplug the usb cable BAM again Samsung screen. Anyway. I managed to get into CWM and install the Android Revolution HD Rom again (But now i did not had the usb cable to my laptop as i had it plugged into a socket to charge faster). I continued to setup the phone,did everything spent over 30 mins on it,and then i unplugged the charger cus i wanted to pop a sim in (I was so happy that finally i got it working). IN THE SECOND I TOOK THE CHARGER OUT OF THE MICRO USB PORT,THE PHONE AGAIN showed the same Samsung Logo Screen,and got into a bootloop (Same old bootloop Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for 35-40 secs,screen flashes,and again the same).

What is wrong here ? Where is the problem ? What happened ? As i cant pinpoint the exact problem.
It has a new custom Rom installed fine on it,it used to work as a dream before (Never had any problems with it) And now... Allofa sudden without anything interfearing...didnt even touched it.

Charge the phone for atleast 2-3 hours. Then unplug then retry flashing rom again

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
1st August 2015, 03:21 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

I said that about third party (User) applications. Like any third party app you have restored with titanium and that requires root you should trigger supersu permission by asking it. sometimes what happen that it ask supersu permission while you are not monitoring device and you may miss it and app can't perform action. Also some app are not having auto restart option so these kind of app also needs to open it once after restoring with TB
In short user Applications you restored with titanium needs to open once to get it activated.

good mate
20th August 2015, 07:27 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nice
top thread. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread