Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Tip us?

Vichenec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.

Hitman42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichenec View Post
Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.
So exited , i love the metal round , QHD screen , 4G cat 6 same size than N2 , i think i'll buy it next month

Tombias
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I want that rom on my note2. I don't see enough advances to upgrade to the note4 hardware. I'll wait for the note5 next year.

frans23
Old
Thanks Meter 6
if someone can port Note 4 S Pen feature to Note 2, than i probably won't upgrade

there's some disappointment for Note 4 hardware, but overall i like the improvement from Note 2
Old Device : Nokia 3660 --> Nokia 7610 --> Nokia Communicator 9210 --> Motorola E398 --> Sony Ericsson W910 --> Samsung Galaxy S2
Now : Samsung Galaxy Note II & Nokia Lumia 920 yellow

mha93
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Will probably upgrade to that too since my mobile plan expires next year. Looking at it's features, it'll be a waste to install custom firmwares on it. But then, I said that for my Note 2 and it stayed at stock for 1 week only lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Aman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Notes never impress me, but note4 seriously did with the metal body, I am not at a Samsung fan,

Apart from the metal body nothing is exciting enough for me

Flypants101010
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
this is probably going to be my next upgrade!

fyzz08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i love the note edge but i won't buy a device with 3gb of ram - it's bad luck
i will wait for note 5 or edge 2 hopefully with 4gb of ram
and my note 2 is still good, so why change it

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzz08 View Post
i love the note edge but i won't buy a device with 3gb of ram - it's bad luck
That's the best reason I have heard so far why someone wouldn't buy note edge/4!!

justkiddinghere
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Expected a 64bit processor plus 4 gig ram also
No more improvement in battery but
Its worth to upgrade from note 2 no doubt
Those sensors display and features plus power it does have everything in the market
Device : Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

Justkidding AkA Dev Germanotta