FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Vichenec, Member on 4th September 2014, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.

4th September 2014, 01:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichenec

Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.

So exited , i love the metal round , QHD screen , 4G cat 6 same size than N2 , i think i'll buy it next month
4th September 2014, 06:03 PM |#3  
Wonderland
Thanks Meter: 138

More
I want that rom on my note2. I don't see enough advances to upgrade to the note4 hardware. I'll wait for the note5 next year.
5th September 2014, 06:29 AM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 14

More
if someone can port Note 4 S Pen feature to Note 2, than i probably won't upgrade

there's some disappointment for Note 4 hardware, but overall i like the improvement from Note 2
5th September 2014, 02:14 PM |#5  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Will probably upgrade to that too since my mobile plan expires next year. Looking at it's features, it'll be a waste to install custom firmwares on it. But then, I said that for my Note 2 and it stayed at stock for 1 week only lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
5th September 2014, 02:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Notes never impress me, but note4 seriously did with the metal body, I am not at a Samsung fan,

Apart from the metal body nothing is exciting enough for me
5th September 2014, 07:06 PM |#7  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
this is probably going to be my next upgrade!
6th September 2014, 01:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i love the note edge but i won't buy a device with 3gb of ram - it's bad luck
i will wait for note 5 or edge 2 hopefully with 4gb of ram
and my note 2 is still good, so why change it
6th September 2014, 02:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,754

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzz08

i love the note edge but i won't buy a device with 3gb of ram - it's bad luck

That's the best reason I have heard so far why someone wouldn't buy note edge/4!!
6th September 2014, 03:52 PM |#10  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Expected a 64bit processor plus 4 gig ram also
No more improvement in battery but
Its worth to upgrade from note 2 no doubt
Those sensors display and features plus power it does have everything in the market
The Following User Says Thank You to justkiddinghere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2014, 05:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Arrow Why upgrade to Note 4
I was waiting for Note 4 but there is for now no reason to upgrade. I Like the S-Pen but I was hoping that the note 4 will be waterresistent like S5 but it isn't so if I need a new Phone then S5.

Really I don't need Gear VR and no Gear S. And Pay maybe a 100 bugs only for the Metal around? No thats not worth.

Hope there will be an APP for the Pen Features.

George

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread