Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Birthday notification

Tip us?

cegevara86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Birthday notification

Hello friends, I have DN3 5.2 rom on N7100 and this notification of birthday of my friends is killing me. It does not show every day, but sometimes, and i just can not turn it off. I unchecked options for birthday in callendar, even greenify this app which is called "homescreenfestivaleffect", and it is no good. I can force close it but after some time it shows again. Eventually I uninstalled app, and no effect. This app came with rom so i suggest that somebody must have same problem. Thx

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1407861536390.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  75.0 KB

Bright.Light
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegevara86 View Post
Hello friends, I have DN3 5.2 rom on N7100 and this notification of birthday of my friends is killing me. It does not show every day, but sometimes, and i just can not turn it off. I unchecked options for birthday in callendar, even greenify this app which is called "homescreenfestivaleffect", and it is no good. I can force close it but after some time it shows again. Eventually I uninstalled app, and no effect. This app came with rom so i suggest that somebody must have same problem. Thx

Attachment 2894775
Long hold will give you a menu with app info. That will give you the exact application. That one can be removed or maybe these notifications can be removed.
Maybe you can revoke the right to notifications to that app, effectively removing all notifications for that app.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (WW), AOSB 1.3.0 , PhilZ Touch 6, CyanogenMod 11.2.0, Android KitKat version 4.4.2
HTC One X (WW) CWM, ViperX ROM - broken screen
ASUS TF300T (WW, Unlocked, CWM, Rooted JB OTA)
HTC Touch HD 2 T8585 (flashed to Android)
Hitting 'thanks' is completely free and friendly!

cegevara86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You can't long hold on this, nothing happens

Bright.Light
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegevara86 View Post
You can't long hold on this, nothing happens
Ok, you can try to find the correct app by long-pressing on a notification, or going into Settings > Apps and then selecting the app for which you want to disable notifications. Tap on the check mark box next to Show Notifications and accept the warning. Going forward, you'll no longer receive notifications for that specific app.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (WW), AOSB 1.3.0 , PhilZ Touch 6, CyanogenMod 11.2.0, Android KitKat version 4.4.2
HTC One X (WW) CWM, ViperX ROM - broken screen
ASUS TF300T (WW, Unlocked, CWM, Rooted JB OTA)
HTC Touch HD 2 T8585 (flashed to Android)
Hitting 'thanks' is completely free and friendly!