[Q] CyanogenMod not getiing installed. SuperSU Crashing.

OP svikramajit

21st September 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #41  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthesummer

Yes it's n7100 firmware, the same one you linked me to on Sammobile. I don't know why I typed n7105, I was helping someone else with an n7105 and had that name stuck in my head, but if you look at the file name it says N7100XX... that is the indicator that it's for that device.

I formatted everything you told but I didn't found 'internal' in the recovery, so I was unable to format it. And now, luckily I've installed stock ROM successfully on my phone. All because of you! Thanks!!

But the same problem persists. All the old files still exist in internal storage but now at least they are visible (photos were visible in the gallery).

P.S. I am unable to PM you.
21st September 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #42  
Quote:
Originally Posted by svikramajit

I formatted everything you told but I didn't found 'internal' in the recovery, so I was unable to format it. And now, luckily I've installed stock ROM successfully on my phone. All because of you! Thanks!!

But the same problem persists. All the old files still exist in internal storage but now at least they are visible (photos were visible in the gallery).

P.S. I am unable to PM you.

Unable to pm me? That's weird. Which recovery are you using?
24th September 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #43  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ludhiana

26 posts
More
Quote:

Unable to pm me? That's weird. Which recovery are you using?

ClockworkMod Recovery. And I am also facing a new issue. Actually, I was facing it earlier too, but I thought it will be fixed automatically after installing stock ROM. The issue I am facing is my phone doesn't connect to the PC. During flashing of stock ROM, I don't know some kind of miracle happened, the phone was added in Odin after turning off USB Debugging. Now this is not working for me. Please help me out.
24th September 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #44  
That's usually not a phone issue, but a cable or driver issue (usually driver). Try a few different cables and if the problem persists, uninstall any drivers related to samsung, reboot, then go to samsung website and download either the drivers or kies (it includes drivers). Reinstall drivers and reboot. Then connect your phone and cycle through all the options (mtp, ptp, usb debug on/off etc) and let the drivers load. I just did this on my computer for the same reason.

Format data including data/media (internal storage) is in clockwork mod recovery under the mounts and storage menu. Same with philz.
28th September 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #45  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ludhiana

26 posts
More
Quote:

That's usually not a phone issue, but a cable or driver issue (usually driver). Try a few different cables and if the problem persists, uninstall any drivers related to samsung, reboot, then go to samsung website and download either the drivers or kies (it includes drivers). Reinstall drivers and reboot. Then connect your phone and cycle through all the options (mtp, ptp, usb debug on/off etc) and let the drivers load. I just did this on my computer for the same reason.

Format data including data/media (internal storage) is in clockwork mod recovery under the mounts and storage menu. Same with philz.

I unistalled the Samsung USB Drivers that I had installed. Rebooted. Changed the cable. Cycled through different modes. But only PTP worked.

I already had Kies on my PC. But the phone didn't connected to it too.
28th September 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #46  
Quote:
Originally Posted by svikramajit

I unistalled the Samsung USB Drivers that I had installed. Rebooted. Changed the cable. Cycled through different modes. But only PTP worked.

I already had Kies on my PC. But the phone didn't connected to it too.

It's easier to troubleshoot if everything Samsung is Uninstalled (Samsung drivers, kies, all of it) and then reboot, reinstall Samsung drivers, reboot again and plug your phone. If it doesn't recognize or Windows doesn't automatically install the drivers, you can go into device manager and find the device (it'll have a yellow exclamation point of the drivers aren't installed) right click on it and go to properties, then the driver panel. It should give you an potion to update drivers manually, where you browse your computer to the folder where you downloaded the drivers. Then it should work.

If you're still having issues with it, connect it normally, then in recovery mode, then in download mode. It's rare but could be all the mess with software corrupted your phone's drivers, internally, in which case I'd flash the stock rom AGAIN just to be sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to absinthesummer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #47  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ludhiana

26 posts
More
Quote:

It's easier to troubleshoot if everything Samsung is Uninstalled (Samsung drivers, kies, all of it) and then reboot, reinstall Samsung drivers, reboot again and plug your phone. If it doesn't recognize or Windows doesn't automatically install the drivers, you can go into device manager and find the device (it'll have a yellow exclamation point of the drivers aren't installed) right click on it and go to properties, then the driver panel. It should give you an potion to update drivers manually, where you browse your computer to the folder where you downloaded the drivers. Then it should work.

If you're still having issues with it, connect it normally, then in recovery mode, then in download mode. It's rare but could be all the mess with software corrupted your phone's drivers, internally, in which case I'd flash the stock rom AGAIN just to be sure.

Finally! My phone is connected to PC!

First I uninstalled Kies and everything. Rebooted. Downloaded Kies3. Rebooted. Connected my phone to the PC. It didn't worked.

Then I downloaded Kies. Rebooted. Connected my phone to the PC. It worked!

The simple Kies (not Kies3) installed some drivers. And now it's working, finally. Thank you very much.
5th October 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #48  
Glad it's working. A lot of times it's just trial and error til you get to a solution. I probably should have made the distinction between kies and kies 3 (I greatly dislike kies 3) but you got it all figured out. Good

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread