Exclamation Phone won't charge and softkeys don't work

OP nelwyn2

29th August 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks Meter: 27

25 posts
More
For a few weeks I've had intermittent problems with my phone not detecting the USB connection and randomly turning itself on. After a while, these problems stopped and some new problems appeared. Now the phone is always detected on USB, but refuses to charge saying Charging paused, battery temperature too high. It does this every time I try to charge it. If the phone is off, it shows a yellow triangle with a thermometer. Along with this the softkeys and home button quit working at the same time.

So far I have tried resetting to factory default, a new battery and replacing the USB charging flex port and it still won't charge. Monitoring programs show the temp fixed at 60C and never moves. Is there a replacement I can get for the temperature sensor or some way to disable the check? I am rooted and am willing to try anything. Right now it's looking like I may need a new motherboard.

I have ordered a wall charger so I can at least use the phone and I downloaded a softkey app so I have buttons again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank