Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing DN3 v5.2 failed using twrp

Tip us?

OmarKnows
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Flashing DN3 v5.2 failed using twrp

Using dr ketans custom rom v10, didnt like it, trying to flash dn3 v5.2 , I follow all the instructions (wipe dalvik and cache and factory reset then install zip), once i choose to install the zip it says failed help

McLaren__F1
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows View Post
Using dr ketans custom rom v10, didnt like it, trying to flash dn3 v5.2 , I follow all the instructions (wipe dalvik and cache and factory reset then install zip), once i choose to install the zip it says failed help
you check MD5? Latest TWRP?

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

OmarKnows
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren__F1 View Post
you check MD5? Latest TWRP?
how do i check ? and not latest but its 2.7.10

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 891
Quote:
Probably corrupted/unfinished download. Re-download and try again.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

OmarKnows
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default alrighty ill redownload but one sec

Should I get the one with android v 4.3? is it less laggy/better battery life? coz Im getting the feeling that all the 4.4.2 roms I have are a bit laggish

absinthesummer
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok I did post this in another thread for you but I'm sure it'll get lost as that thread moves extremely fast.

Regarding the zip install failure:

It's a known issue, it's listed both in the rom thread and in the rom q&a thread, The first attempt to flash fails sometimes. Reboot recovery and it flashes fine after that. Always read up on any bugs that may occur before flashing a rom.

Regarding starting threads to get help solving problems:

I also noticed you have a lot of threads asking different questions as something got corrupted. Wouldn't it be more helpful to those trying to help you to create a single thread listing all of your issues? Or editing one of your existing threads with updates on whatever is going on? Lastly, did you ever determine your bootloader or carrier info? Generally you should know this very important information before you flash anything, in case something goes wrong. It's really difficult to help people when they don't know anything about their own device. My recommendation is to read, read, read everything you need to know before you jump to flashing things. This includes your own phone's information (there are apps that can provide it), reading thoroughly both the rom of your choice's rom thread AND Q&A/faq thread if it has one, and go ahead and have stock links on hand in case anything happens, so you don't have to ask people to find links for you. I think if you do these things you will at least minimize the risks in flashing.

Not only do you need to have everything you need prior to flashing, but when you run into problems, keep these things in mind:
- You need to create only ONE thread about your problem.
- You need to be very specific about your problem(s) and you device/rom information, including things you've already tried.
- Many people are willing to give links to help, but you can't always depend on that, you need to use the search function and try to help yourself also.
- When you are trying to have people help you troubleshoot, do not make multiple threads about different issues. It's impossible for anyone to chase you down from thread to thread. It's also in bad form to clutter the forum with duplicate threads.
- Someone has probably already faced your problem and found a solution, again, use the search function.

Good luck, I hope you figure it all out... please understand I'm only posting this stuff to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to absinthesummer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shafeel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Use philz touch recovery

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_s...p=docslist_api

pacolo26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The link download DN3 v 5. 2 don Word.
Ir tried 3 times fáiled.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app