Originally Posted by OmarKnows
Using dr ketans custom rom v10, didnt like it, trying to flash dn3 v5.2 , I follow all the instructions (wipe dalvik and cache and factory reset then install zip), once i choose to install the zip it says failed help
Ok I did post this in another thread for you but I'm sure it'll get lost as that thread moves extremely fast.
Regarding the zip install failure:
It's a known issue, it's listed both in the rom thread and in the rom q&a thread, The first attempt to flash fails sometimes. Reboot recovery and it flashes fine after that. Always read up on any bugs that may occur before flashing a rom.
Regarding starting threads to get help solving problems:
I also noticed you have a lot of threads asking different questions as something got corrupted. Wouldn't it be more helpful to those trying to help you to create a single thread listing all of your issues? Or editing one of your existing threads with updates on whatever is going on? Lastly, did you ever determine your bootloader or carrier info? Generally you should know this very important information before you flash anything, in case something goes wrong. It's really difficult to help people when they don't know anything about their own device. My recommendation is to read, read, read everything you need to know before you jump to flashing things. This includes your own phone's information (there are apps that can provide it), reading thoroughly both the rom of your choice's rom thread AND Q&A/faq thread if it has one, and go ahead and have stock links on hand in case anything happens, so you don't have to ask people to find links for you. I think if you do these things you will at least minimize the risks in flashing.
Not only do you need to have everything you need prior to flashing, but when you run into problems, keep these things in mind:
- You need to create only ONE thread about your problem.
- You need to be very specific about your problem(s) and you device/rom information, including things you've already tried.
- Many people are willing to give links to help, but you can't always depend on that, you need to use the search function and try to help yourself also.
- When you are trying to have people help you troubleshoot, do not make multiple threads about different issues. It's impossible for anyone to chase you down from thread to thread. It's also in bad form to clutter the forum with duplicate threads.
- Someone has probably already faced your problem and found a solution, again, use the search function.
Good luck, I hope you figure it all out... please understand I'm only posting this stuff to help you.