Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Note 2 stuck on bootscreen - Need help please :(

OP limital

10th December 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hello,

I have a very strange problem with my Note 2.... Yesterday i checked mails on my Note 2 when it suddenly shut down and rebooted.
First i didnt think it was a big issue but when it was on login screen where i have to enter my PIN i just touched the screen and it shut down again. Same thing happened again after that. Now it doesnt even boot up anymore... It just stays on Samsung bootscreen all the time. I can get into Download mode but not into recovery for some reason. I had no custom rom or anything else installed on my device. It was completely Stock.
I already tried flashing the firmware again via Odin but without any success....
Now i don't know what to do anymore and hope one of you guys can help me get back into my phone as i don't want to lose the data on it

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Limital
10th December 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,275
 
8,883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limital

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with my Note 2.... Yesterday i checked mails on my Note 2 when it suddenly shut down and rebooted.
First i didnt think it was a big issue but when it was on login screen where i have to enter my PIN i just touched the screen and it shut down again. Same thing happened again after that. Now it doesnt even boot up anymore... It just stays on Samsung bootscreen all the time. I can get into Download mode but not into recovery for some reason. I had no custom rom or anything else installed on my device. It was completely Stock.
I already tried flashing the firmware again via Odin but without any success....
Now i don't know what to do anymore and hope one of you guys can help me get back into my phone as i don't want to lose the data on it

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Limital

Try doing a data/factory reset and wipe cache in recovery, you`ll loose the data though. But it is the only way imo.
10th December 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Try doing a data/factory reset and wipe cache in recovery, you`ll loose the data though. But it is the only way imo.

Problem is.... im not getting into recovery, it's stuck on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bootscreen when i do the recovery button combination
10th December 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,275
 
8,883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limital

Problem is.... im not getting into recovery, it's stuck on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bootscreen when i do the recovery button combination

Remove and reinsert the battery after 15 seconds and try again.
10th December 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
are you able to get into downloading mode ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
10th December 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Remove and reinsert the battery after 15 seconds and try again.

Tried that a hundred times but it still wont go into recovery and it wont boot android. Just stays on Samsung Note 2 bootscreen.
Only thing working is download modus but as stated above flashing firmware anew didn't help....
10th December 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,275
 
8,883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limital

Tried that a hundred times but it still wont go into recovery and it wont boot android. Just stays on Samsung Note 2 bootscreen.
Only thing working is download modus but as stated above flashing firmware anew didn't help....

Then you have to take it to a samsung service center or the store for repair mate.
10th December 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Anyone else with an Idea? What i also think is strange is that it says in Download mode that i downloaded 5 Custom Roms and my Current Binary and System Status are Custom???? I just installed the official firmware from SamMobile again -.-
11th December 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Noone able to help me? I'm going insane at the moment cause nothing works.... Even when i plug in the usb cable the phone boots to the Galaxy Note 2 screen and nothing else happens.... In download modus it says i'm on a custom rom what i never installed to begin with....i only installed Stock Rom.... Please help what should i do T_T
11th December 2012, 12:39 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
So now i flashed the Rescue Rom but it did not change anything. Odin completed the flashing without errors though nothing changed. Also tried flashing Stock Firmware again but the status in download mode still shows custom system and binary.... Could it be that Odin is not flashing correctly though it is not giving me any errors?
I'm really desperate at the moment -.-

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes