[Q] Backing up before flashing a rom using twrp

OP OmarKnows

1st September 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
More
Hi, i got a note 2 n7100 with dr.ketans custom rom v10, (testing out custom roms atm) but I dont really like it, before I flashed that rom, i was using phoenix v18.8 (didnt like it either) but the annoying thing is, every time I flashed a rom, it removed all data I had and I had to re-add all my contacts , download all my apps again and move all my music/pics/videos back onto my phone , which Im really getting tired of..

Now im downloading Ditto Note 3 custom rom but this time I want to make sure I dont have togo through all the trouble again so, how exactly do I back up all my data ( EXCEPT MY CURRENT ROM ) so that once ive flashed the rom I can restore all my things?

Can I do it with titanium back up or twrp? (how exactly and which is easier)
2nd September 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 914

4,170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

Hi, i got a note 2 n7100 with dr.ketans custom rom v10, (testing out custom roms atm) but I dont really like it, before I flashed that rom, i was using phoenix v18.8 (didnt like it either) but the annoying thing is, every time I flashed a rom, it removed all data I had and I had to re-add all my contacts , download all my apps again and move all my music/pics/videos back onto my phone , which Im really getting tired of..

Now im downloading Ditto Note 3 custom rom but this time I want to make sure I dont have togo through all the trouble again so, how exactly do I back up all my data ( EXCEPT MY CURRENT ROM ) so that once ive flashed the rom I can restore all my things?

Can I do it with titanium back up or twrp? (how exactly and which is easier)

Your contacts are/should be backed up by your Google account. When you use your Gmail address during setup it will sync your contacts for you.

For MMS/SMS there is SMS Backup from playstore.

For apps/app data there is Titanium Backup Pro.

For photo/video you can back them up via Google Photo. You can also put them on external SD and they will not be wiped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, note 2, restore, titanium, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread